cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Celebrating 7 years

Leenie
1 11 156

I celebrated my seven years smoke-free anniversary in May.  For any of you struggling with a new quit - I was at that point once too and the thought of getting to the one year mark seemed almost unatainable at times, but it's not.  It's really just promising yourself that you won't take a single puff no matter what and no matter what it takes.  I had to tell myself that no matter how bad I felt, I wouldn't do that thing.  No matter how crabby or fuzzy-brained, or how many pounds I gained or how often I experienced a few sleepless nights, I just wouldn't give in to the nicotine pull.  Just come here and talk to your friends and get the strength you need from caring people who share your journey.  And make sure you drink plenty of water, eat well and exercise.  It all helps.

Happy days are ahead for you.  I promise!  Best wishes on the journey!

Leenie

11 Comments
About the Author
Born in S. California and raised there and in Arizona, I moved to the Midwest with my ex and just haven't moved back. I started life in nurses training, though didn't finish (that's where I started smoking - I had a roommate who smoked and hospital cafeteria food helped pack on the "freshman 15" so I decided to stop eating soda crackers to deal with the very real stress and started smoking. The nurses' and doctors' dining hall where we ate our meals was smoke-filled - everyone seemed to be smoking in the '60's.