cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Best Decision Ever

lpears
0 6 12

I made the decision to become a nonsmoker on 12/28/2013. This is my first time quitting. I had no idea what I was doing. I was searching and searching for someone to understand. I needed something help. I thought about capturing my best friend and stuffing her on my closet. I could just run over and open the closet when I needed a hug. Unfortunatley, that is illegal and she is in the middle of potty training her adorable son (who is doing amazing!!) 

I had been searching on websites for help. At one point, I was about to pay $1.99 a minute for a social worker to listen to me and give me advice. I was half way through enterring my card number before I realized what I was doing and closed out of the website. 

Last night I was rummaging through websites. I stumbled upon this one. I signed up (waited for a page to enter my card number...but it happily never appeared) and started reading. 

My first post came at the lowest point I have felt in my smoke free life. The support I got was overwhelming. People I had never met before were giving me words of encouragement and positive support. I had finally found my hug in a closet...and this one is legal! 

You are all so inspirational. Every story I have read has had strong words of encouragement or lessons learned. Each story is laced with determination and each word loaded with strength. 

I am so lucky to have found a website full of some of the strongest people around. Each day you all wake up and march foward. Thanks for letting me march with you. 🙂

6 Comments