cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Best Decision Ever

BobbyMaynard
0 13 34

The worse decision I ever made was to start smoking. The best decision I ever made was to quit smoking two years ago today. I can honestly say that I enjoyed the whole experience. That is not to say that it was easy because it was not, but often,the things in life that we get the most out of are not easy. I am not an expert on quitting, I can only share what worked for me. The decision was first for me. It had to be total and complete. I knew an iffy attempt was not going to work. Commitment was next, my mantra was "no matter what happens, smoking is not an option". To me that meant that no matter how I felt, or what I thought, or if I gained weight or if something negative happened in my life, or even if my head fell off, smoking was just not an option, it was gone, it was off the table, it was done. I would have to find another way. Support from others who have been where you are and support from others who are where you are now, quit buddies can be very important. Reach out and encourage others, when you do that you build up your own commitment. It can be done, and you can do it, Decision, Commitment, Support. Encourage others.

13 Comments