Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Back...on day 2

mpnaegle
5 20 221

Hello,

I know I’ve been absent the last few months.  Not proud of this but the pandemic got the better of me, and sometime in September I relapsed.  I smoked through the fall, and all of winter...I was disappointed in myself but I just couldn’t stop. Then, last week one of my dearest friends told me her mom has a brain tumor.  The thought of getting Cancer put the fear of God in me, so on Friday I went to Target, bought Step 1 of the patch...smoked my last cigarette on Friday at 9 PM.:.woke up early Saturday morning (yesterday) and put on the patch.  I want to be free.  I know I’ve had many relapses over the last 3 years, but I want to be free, once and for all.  I don’t want to poison myself any more.  So here I am, on Day 2...I am going to try my best to get on this site every day.  With this community’s help, and God/the source, and my strength and resolve, I vow to succeed, once and for all.  Love to everyone I’ve met here.  Fingers crossed 🤞 and 🙏🏻 every day to finally, finally break free.

Mark

20 Comments
indingrl

16175634192433441233631254973788.png

 Congrats Mark no worries when a crave hits just grab a lemon and bite into it peel and all it BUSTS craves💖

JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome back.  I am, sorry that you lost your quit during the pandemic.  Many of us had to deal with it one way or the other.  To smoke or not to smoke. It has not been an easy road for many chose to pickup again.  I hope this will be your final quit.  It sounds as if you are making a commitment to be here more often.  That  may help.  Stay Connected .  I wish you the very best on your journey. Congrats on day 2.  We will always be here for you no matter what. Happy Easter. 

mpnaegle

Thank you!!!!  Yes I want to be done...I will definitely be checking in every day.  ❤️❤️❤️

MarilynH

Welcome back Mark @mpnaegle we're all here for you and we're rooting you on you can and will be successful one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time, deep breaths and believe in yourself because we believe in you....

mpnaegle

Thank you @MarilynH !!!!  ❤️❤️❤️

MarilynH

You are so very welcome 💖💖💖

Maki

Glad you are here willing to make this one your final quit . You can do it . 

It is well worth the time sharing your journey and spending time on Ex . I'm glad to hear you want to be committed being here every day . It's helps you in your quit as it does us in ours .

I am able to keep my quit because I know everyone like yourself coming to Ex has my back . 

Ex , Congratulations on a very strong positive attitude towards doing this . I think you can and will .

No longer a smoker

No longer tied to ball and chain 

Taking control , gaining strength , taking power 

O'er addiction and nope is the plan . 

Maki . 

This quit is a given if you hang on . 

Glad you are back  @mpnaegle 

JuJuCFruit

Oops

Cousin-Itt

Mark,

I only have one thing to say

Glad you're back

Carl

meWisconsin

Glad to see you came back Mark. Make this your final quit. You know you can do it.

Stay close and stay safe.

Terry😎

sweetplt

Hi Mark @mpnaegle I am not surprised ... ever time you leave us I know you have gone back to smoking.  Try to keep close and no matter what, don’t leave us...tell us what you want to do and let us try and talk you out of smoking.  You know what to do ... and you know we are here for you....wishing you a Happy Monday ~ Colleen 854 DOF 

Barbscloud

@mpnaegle Sorry you lost you're quit, but glad you're back on track.  I agree with Colleen.  Stay close and reach out when you need support.  The community saved my quit several times early on.   That's why we're here.

Barb

RachelMB

Always good to see you Mark.  Sorry to hear about losing your quit during the pandemic.  It has put immense amounts of stress on people.  You know how to do this my friend!  Stay close and let's do this together! xoxoxo

Rachel

mpnaegle

Thank you everyone!!!!  I'm feeling strong today.  Going to pass Day 3 at 9:00 PM PST and so far today has been a breeze.  Yesterday, not so much.  Spent most of the day really tired with an upset stomach and constant thoughts of smoking but today I woke up refreshed, and energized.  I think I'm going to make it this time.  I think I can, I think I can... 🙂  Have a great day everyone!!!!!  And thank you so much for all the love and support.

MarilynH

You've got this quit firmly in your grasp @mpnaegle Deep breaths and believe in yourself because we believe in you and we're rooting you on, congrats on two days WON and tonight will be another Day WON with many more to come..... Turn that I think I can into yes I can .....

5caa8b37e6a9f5334eb5c3de6ffce541.jpg

Bonnie

@mpnaegle so happy to see you here and back in the saddle! You can do this, yes you can!! My motto: GET IT DONE IN '21!!!! Make it yours, too!!!!!!!

mpnaegle

Thank you @Bonnie !  Yes, we can do this!!!!!!!!!!  🙂 🙂 🙂

Mark

Bonnie

@mpnaegle we ARE doing it!!!! You ARE a nonsmoker right now!!! And you can stay that way!!! ((((((MARK))))))

mpnaegle

Thank you (((((Bonnie)))))!!!!!!  Yes, we are.  Minute by minute, day by day...today I'm challenged by the fact that I'm at work and time is going so slow...and the times I'd go out and smoke, I now have to fill with other activities...like coming onto this website.  LOL  But I know my body is thanking me for finally letting those damn things go.  I just have to keep pressing on.  🙂  

indingrl

CONGRATS Mark living nicotine FREEEEEEEE and I hope you will take your lemons with you Mark and

16175633908422671758900369299599.png

when a crave hits bite into the lemon peel and all - it BUSTS craves 💖

About the Author
I have smoked on and off (mostly on) for the last twenty years...quit in 2010 and was successful for 3 1/2 years. Then my husband died in January 2014, so I caved and started up again...now, over 7 years later, I want to be done for good!!!! This quit is IT.