Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

And on the seventh day...

OxfordComa
0 7 31

Guys! I've made it to my seventh day. 

And today was a game day. And the dames won! Girl, it was awesome. We won 291 to 74, no shit. I screamed like a banshee from the crowd (I'm not a bouter yet). They did sooo amazing. If you aren't familar with Derby, there are two 30 minute halves and a 15 minute halftime. Normally I would slip out there and smoke with other folks. I didn't, today, but I watched my quit buddy go out there and smoke. It broke my heart. I wanted to so badly to go with her, but I went pee and got a beer instead. 

Then, there's an after-bout party. This is a common derby tradition. All the girls go out and get stupid drunk and party until the break of dawn. I went, I puffed on a 0.0 nicotine vape, and came home after about an hour. 

And I'm feeling super bummed right now. I know I should be proud that I didn't smoke and I don't understand why I'm so depressed. I didn't even really want a cigarette. I even sat outside with my smokers (because all of my friends are smokers and I like sitting outside) and I didn't have a problem. I just got really depressed and came home. I don't understand my reaction. Everything went really well! Why am I so bummed out? Ug.

7 Comments
About the Author
I recently experienced grief and started smoking again. I'm looking to get back on that ex train and use healthier coping mechanisms.