cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Almost two weeks!

razztaylor
0 6 67

This weekend my daughter had a softball tournament, the first one since I quit. One hour away. (There's two big ones) You're not supposed to smoke at those things anyway but you know I knew all the good places to hide out.  Didn't go there once!  But I could sure tell when somebody was there, and I thought I was so sneaky. Ha, everyone in the place could smell it! And it smelled awful! The girls really helped me out by winning the first two so I was pretty well settled the next day when we lost two 😞  One thing I noticed - everyone gave me a hard time when I would go to smoke before but now that I'm not smoking they don't even notice!  I feel like I have a flashing light on my head I feel so different but no one notices?! I was the only smoker, I'm sure another smoker would have commented on it. So I got thru another trigger, maybe that's all of them, I can only hope. If a smoker thinks their life is speeding by them just quit smoking.  That slows things down considerably. Sometimes you get down to minutes but as time goes on you get to hours then days, then maybe hours again. You have to keep your goal right in front of you and never ever smoke a stinkin cigarette again. Because any amount of time that you haven't smoked is an accomplishment. So just look back and see what you've done and be proud.

6 Comments