cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A month

snow90
0 5 16

So I did fine even though my MIL was around and driving me crazy (she's gone, thank god). Then, a few days ago, my resolve almost broke. 

It wasn't stress. It wasn't any of my usual triggers. It was pain that almost did me in. Specifically, the worst migraine I have had in my whole life.

I've been through the pain of recovering from a C-section, almost breaking my nose, spraining my ankle 6 times, and a misaligned spine. All that pain I could handle, but the migraine had me flat on my butt. I took 2 excedrin when it started, and that did nothing. I took a Maxalt, and that did nothing. I finally ended up on my friend's couch crying my eyeballs out. She put together some combo of OTC medicine which FINALLY knocked the pain down, after which I took an Ativan at her suggestion. 

But until those meds kicked in, I was at a 20 on the out of 10 pain scale. I wanted to put my head through a window, it was so horribly painful. At one point, I was convinced I must have a horrible aneurysm because it was the worst headache ever. And until those meds kicked in, the only thing I could think was "I want a cigarette. OMG. I just want something to help me cope with this. Why, why, why, why." I really almost broke. It was horrendous, guys. But I didn't. And now I have hit the 30 day mark at last.

Keep going guys! You can resist the worst of triggers and the hardest of cravings! We got this!

5 Comments