cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A whole month down

gmailuser
6 13 218

Hi EXers! I’m posting to mark one month since I stopped vaping. 4 whole weeks! I’m sitting in the train station waiting for my train and I’m so glad I don’t have to spend the whole train ride jonesing for my nicotine fix, wondering when I can get it once I’m off the train and traveling home. It was always an ordeal. Ironically the whole traveling situation has been a trigger, but I’m taking it slow and took a lozenge for the craving which has been knocking it right out. 

Some things that have helped me have been the NRT, taking walks, history podcasts (on the walks especially), letting myself close my eyes and rest for a short time each day, and this site. It’s been so helpful to read the blogs and be reminded of just why I want to quit. Why I NEED to quit. I’ll be faced with temptation on Saturday as I mentioned in my last post, being around friends who vape so automatically that I doubt they’d be able to stop for the whole time I’m with them, but I’ll be sure to check in here before I let it get to me, if it’s bad. I don’t think it will be too tough though. We’ll see. 

Been very tired the last few days. But luckily I got my difficult math quiz over with and can relax a little bit over the Thanksgiving holiday and keep racking up those NOPE days. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of me and so encouraging. 

13 Comments