cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

5 HOURS AND COUNTING

namckenodle
0 6 19

I am sitting here at the computer, beginning to think about all the possible situations I 'm going to face tomorrow-my first day of not smoking. It's 7 pm and i have 5 hours till my life as a smoker ends. I spent the last 3 hours scouring the house for all ashtrays, lighters and anything remotely used to smoke or light one. These items are all outside in the trash.

I have no fear of the trials i will begin to go through tomorrow. i do have a support system set up at work and home.. My mind is made up, ITS OVER, I'M DONE,  and with the grace of god I'll live to see my grandson graduate from college.

This site has really  opened my eyes to the trail ahead. You are all so supportive and seem to be ready to help with  advice and words of cheer.Its amazing, and it gives me the help/hope /encouragement i've needed to really  tackle this addiction.

Just sitting here and ppouring out my thoughts is relaxing and even freeing in some ways I could drone on for ever, but; alas I do have to sleep as 3am wake up for work is early. I close with the knowledge that tomorrow i'll be on my way to becoming a non-smoker, and I have no doubt in my mind that I can make it.

6 Comments
pir8fan

One quick point!  Do not think of your life as a smoker ending! Think of your life of FREEDOM begining! No longer will you miss those precious moments in life that happened while you of somewhere feeding your addiction! How much of your life have you spent in bondage to those cigarettes? How many times have they demanded your attention when you had so many wonderful things that you could have been a part of? Cast off your addiction, and embrace your new found FREEDOM! You can do this! We will help!

2012_is_for_me

You'll do great.  Don't look back and only embrace the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks that you move into your life as a non smoker. You will learn to love life in a such a different and better way.  Congrats and love yourself. It's simply the best feeling to be unchained from smoking.  Never thought I could say that, but it's really, really amazing. Congrats and welcome to the best journey you'll ever take. 

ltlme71

you will do fine 🙂 just remember not one day at a time but one hour at a time and it gets better 🙂  i was a smoker for 29 years have been an ex for 6 months now i will NEVER pick another one up but i still take it just an hour at a time and i do LOVE THE FREEDOM !!!!!  

jojo_2-24-11

Congrats on your decision to quit! You can do this!

KatherineF

You can do this.  Sounds like you've got the right mindset.  Just remember that no matter what you are not going to smoke.  We don't do that any more.

Patty70

There is a mantra I learned here in my early quit days - NOPE. Not One Puff Ever.

Hang on to that and stick your head in the freezer if you feel a craving.