cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 WEEKS and 2 DAYS

gracie21
0 4 22

Well, I know the nicotine is gone but the ugly habit creeps up now and again.  I tell myself that it will pass and I just sit with the feeling and sure enough it goes away.  My husband's alergies are better without a wife that smokes.  I could just slap myself when I think of how selfish I was.  All I cared about was the smoking and had no consideration for others.  I am truly sorry for my terrible behavior!  Now with Spring here we can all enjoy the outdoors and really appreciate all of nature.  I hope everyone is doing great and fighting the fine fight!  Never to smoke again! Bless you all.

4 Comments
Eric_L.

Yea... I want to enjoy outside after a nap!

JonesCarpeDiem

Hang onto your quit. You are the only one who can give it away..

It will get better. You may have an occasional tough day or two. It's just willingly disagreeing with the memories of smoking that will get you through.

Onward and Upward

djmurray

And we can't beat ourselves up, but it is really helpful to think of how our addiction made us do things we wouldn't have done if we weren't in deep denial.  Keep it up -- you're doing great!

gracie21

Thank you all for the feedback!  It really makes me feel good to know I can count on this site.  All the wonderful people and encouragement.  Have a terrific day!