cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

4 Days In

kwitntime
1 11 145

Chewed gum for hours. Even stopped at the dollar store and bought several bags of DumDum lollipops. I had a little problem getting to sleep though. Benadryl got me through the night. It is amazing how the sense of smell and taste improves! Smoking stinks......It really does!!

I will contiue to do the reading from the site and seek guidance from my new support family. You all are very instrumental in my recovery. Thanks everyone for all of your help and walking with me as I continue my journey.

You all are the best!

Have a smoke free and very wonderful day!

Bernie

11 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations Bernie, Great job 4 days is awesome. 

elvan

You are doing great even if it doesn't seem that way sometimes.  It IS a journey and it is one day at a time, one step at a time, one event at a time.  Every time you don't smoke in a situation, you have won another victory.

We are here, DO stay close and absolutely do the reading, education and support go hand in hand.

kwitntime

This board is really awesome for those that are making an attempt at quitting. I really do appreciate aall of the support.

Thanks Jackie and Elvan!

shashort

Congratulations Bernie doing great working on day 4.  Stay strong!!!! NOPE!!!  (Not one puff ever) one day at a time.

JonesCarpeDiem

onward and upward!

Mike.n.Atlanta

Attaboy Bernie!

Keep on keepin on my friend.

Strudel

Way to go Bernie! Congrats on 4 days!

bj.reba

Way to go. I've chewed gum to. I find the patch works better for me. I'm in my 5th day. You are doing a great job. Congratulations 

cindy

Nix

Well done Bernie, keep it up. Thank you for making me laugh out loud with your 'chewed gum for hours' opening. I get that :-))

nycaaa2014
Congratulations Bernie!! Keep it up. You're doing great!!
MadViral

Congratulations Bernie, Today is day 15 for me and I smoked for over 40 years, I think I have learned a secret to staying quit this time and it is the word "No", No Is a very powerful word, Soon hours turns into days and days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months and months turn into years, One step at a time.