cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

30 days today!

bethso
1 10 20

I am feeling very thankful and grateful for making it through this 1st month!  I would not describe the journey thus far as a cake walk, but neither was it anywhere near the hell I thought it was going to be. Actually, the pros have far outweighed any doubts/fears I may have had in those first few days.

My awful "signature" cough is gone, there is no more shortness of breath, and my blood pressure is back to normal!  As I mentioned in a previous blog, the anxiety and tensions over planning the next smoke are gone and I am left with a sense of self-confidence.  As an extra bonus, I did not get locked up for going off the deep end on this journey, and I didn't even chase away my famiily!!  They are still here...smiling and proud.  Probably not as proud as I am, but darn near close to it!

As I close this first chapter in my smoke free life, I took a few minutes to celebrate.  Now I go back on guard to protect my new found freedom!  I don't want to relapse, so will stay close as I enter No Mans Land.  It sounds scary to me, but I know I have friends here to guide my way!  I am going into this next phase armed with knowledge and a new mantra, "Nicotene, I slap thee!"   

I am new in my journey and feel I don't have the experience to pass along to others, but, I do want to encourage those of you just starting out to  stick close to those in this site.  Read what they have posted. They will help you through as they have for me and countless others.  

For those of you who have  led the way---THANK YOU with all my heart!!   This has been a total life changer for me!  

~Beth  (Done for good 11-7-14)

10 Comments