cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

250 here I come!!!!!

luvztheway
0 11 40

Tomorrow is 250 days for me...think I'll go on vacation on Wednesday 🙂  Jusk kidding a little.  Really though, I am taking a vacation, its just a coincidence that I'm leaving on day 251.  I wanted to stop in as I've not been on here enough in the past few months.  I'm not near cracking, actually I'm quite proud of myself for continuing to chant NOPE when I've got a craving.  The fourth of July holiday was by far the worst cravings I've had in months.  I was upset with myself because I didn't see it coming.  I'm an extrovert and party animal at heart and work in a bar as my second job.  I'm around alcohol and partaking myself on many occasions during any given month.  That said, this was my first time to the lake in years and I was celebrating HARD, right along with all of my smoking friends 😞

I held up and didn't give in, but I really did have to tell myself several times over the course of three days, NOT ONE PUFF EVER....EVER...EVER!!!!!  It was difficult and I was ashamed of myself for not being prepared with any gum, tic tacs, ice or any of my hand toys.  Afterall, I know from first hand experience (and TEN LOST YEARS from the freedom train) the cravings will always return.  In a previous quit, I made it 22 months.  My best friend quit several years after I did but just is getting ready to celebrate her 8 year anniversary and here I am at 249 days.  Oh well, the good news is I'm back on the freedom train and this time I'm a permenant passenger!

I wish everyone reading this "permenant passenger" status on the freedom train as well 🙂

11 Comments
Chuck-2-20-2011

Good for you!! I think that every time we work through a strong crave that it strengthens us and teaches us how to deal with the next one. And you seem to have a mantra that works for you. I'm glad to see you work through and to see that you understand your quit.

On another note, it's OK to be a little upset because a crave snuck up on you but only if it's a reminder to keep your guard up. 🙂

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Jordan-11-1-12

Congratulations!!  You are doing this... you are a non smoker!!!

Keep up the great work!!   😃

tracyb316

congrats on ur 250 days!!!!!

cyn9

Congratulations!!! You have done so well! Be PROUD!

Michwoman

Well on your way to one year - how cool!!

joyeuxencore

Hi LUVS!!! SO happy you made it through the seasonal party trigger!!!! I also was quit 10 years the last time...I think we really get the NOPE NEF part! You just walked through it and are stronger than ever! I don't know about you but I hate the smell..especially when drinking or eating these days...xo

lois2

250 days that is great, congrats

Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations on making it through a big annual event that had lots of smoking memories for you! My 4th was similar but I was extremely well prepared! Good to know you can make it through the most slippery of situations! You should be proud and keep up the good fight!

wishingstar

You gave me areminders, Keep your quit handy, For new things we experince as a non smoker. Should not be ashemed of your sellf. You passed with flying colors and that was a true test on how strong you are

Renee

Strudel

A permanent passenger - I really like that! Congrats on 250 days! 

Ladybug--7-3-12

Congrats on staying on the train!  WTG!  Don't look back with regret -- the past is gone.  Look ahead with grattitude & keep movin' forward one day at a time.