cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

25 days WOW

jdrabbit01
0 6 9

I haven't posted lately.  Hope y'all didn't think I gave up.  I am here and still very stong in my quit.  I have some bad moments and some great moments.  There are huge chunks of my day that I completely forget that I haven't smoked all day.  I don't get many actual craves, it is really just that automatic reach for a smoke during certain situations.  I was out with my friends the other day and she smoked the whole time.  Nothing about it made me want to smoke.  But when I came hime today, made dinner, cooked something for the pot luck at work tomorrow, finished the dishes and started laundry, the thought comes like ok, now it's time to chill and have a smoke.  It's is still very much in the front of my mind at those times.  I just kinda giggle and say I don't do that anymore and it passes. 

I will be hanging out with my family this weekend and I still haven't told any of them.  I am going to a party and I am just going to wait and see if anyone notices.  I did tell my little brother but I knew he would be proud of me.  The others will just be thinking, yeah you should have never started.  Duh, I know that.  But now I am at a point that it won't annoy me so much to hear it.  I do have a few awesome cheerleaders on my side, so my family can say whatever.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my family.  It's just that most never smoked and really have no concept of the addiction.  So they can be judgemental at times. 

Anyway, that's the update. 

Jenn

6 Comments