cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

100 days

MattMongoose
6 11 226
100 days without a cigarette. It's been hard at times, but I keep reminding myself that stopping wasn't the hard part - not starting again is the real battle, one that needs to be fought every single day for the rest of my life. There will be ups and downs, but it will get easier. 

I've tried so many times to quit, but this time I'm approaching it differently. There are three things that are keeping me on course:

1. In front of my desk, where I see it whenever I work (which is one of my main triggers), is a note that says "Don't do this. You think you want it, but you won't like it. You'll feel bad. There are better ways to relax. Take a breath. Have a mint." Whenever I get stressed and feel like a cigarette, that reminds me to pause and make a different decision.
  2. I'm completely focused on my long-term goal, which is to spend more time outdoors. The more I do that, the less stress I feel, and the less I want to smoke. I like feeling fit and healthy, and I don't want to jeopardize that by smoking.
  3. I admitted to myself and my friends that I am an addict, and I am open with them about my struggle to quit the drug. Their support has been massive. 
My next major milestone will be to reach the autumn equinox - 102 days from now.
Tags (1)
11 Comments