Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1 Week!!

Mamagrillz13
10 8 114

I made it one week without smoking!

Yes, it's hard at moments. But, I have more moments that I'm so thankful, and proud, and feel great.....those hard moments seem like tiny blips in time. I'm very fortunate that I've not heard one person say words like, can't believe YOU quit, you'll start back, I've heard you say this before. Instead, I have people saying CONGRATULATIONS, I'm proud of you, I wish I could. All of these things just give me strength to look forward and never back an cigarettes again!

This morning I came across one of my "smoke break buddies" in the office. I mentioned across the cafe that I had quit and she turned around to come talk to me, telling me that she quit one time for 3 months, wished she'd never started back.....when she was about two feet from me, the only thing I could think about was how bad she smelled. I knew in that moment I NEVER wanted somebody to think that about me (again.)

We can all do this. It takes a village and this is our new zip code! 

🎉

Lisa

8 Comments
About the Author
I'm a mom of 3 adult children, LaLa to one amazing grandson, wife of a fisherman, with two kitties, and one dog. I started smoking at 15 to impress a boy. Now, I'm married to that boy and he stopped smoking 14 years ago. I haven't been so lucky and am ready to make this adventure stick!