cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

TerrieQuit

I am sick

I have been sick on and off for 2 months and watching my COPD. I had called the DR. quite a few times.

Last, Tuesday I woke up coughing and couldn't catch my breath, long story, short I had to take an ambulance in from the FD and they wouldn't let me grab anything. ER diagnosed me with influenza and said COPD had nothing to do with it. They prescribed Tamiflu. hmmm!

So the lady at the desk ordered a cab with the promise I'd pay when I got home. I fell asleep waiting on the cab and someone woke me and I chased it and fell, full out, road rash on face and just all over and broken glasses, and the cabbie was mad I didn't have money on me. I didn't get any better!

Yesterday, I managed to get an appointment with Pulmo. and a ride to it! Pneumonia, bronchitis, 4 prescriptions which by the grace of God and some helpful individuals, I got it and started taking it yesterday. I am also back on oxygen as needed 89% or below, I can usually bring that up with pursed lip breathing! I feel a bit better, still pretty sick!

I want to thank elvanThomas3.20.2010‌ and the COPD‌ group for all of the great information, so I knew to keep bugging them!

Thank you too, to those that have been checking on me and praying for me!  ~Terrie  112 days free~

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
57 Replies
TerrieQuit

You were correct, the Tamiflu is a ripoff. I was too far into the flu before even getting it.

Yep, the road rash is healing! I am resting and having fluids now. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Boy when it rains, it sure pours doesn't it.  And broken glasses to boot.  Gee.  Glad you were able to get a breathing treatment yesterday.  May you continue to improve.    And may there be sunshine on your head.

Image result for flower pics

Mandolinrain

Oh Terrieeeeeeee!!! How did I not know you have been sick ???? (((((((((Terrie))))))))) girl, I hope things start going in a better direction for you soon. You will be in my thoughts and prayers everyday!!!!!Ixoxoxoxo

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I am just so happy right now and feeling so much better. My forehead is healed, my chin is healed but, still badly bruised, the right hand is almost scab free and the left wrist, too. My right elbow is still scabbed but doesn't hurt anymore. and the right knee is still scabbed and hurts, but my cough is better than it was this morning. Soon it will all be a memory! Thanks for praying!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Thanks, Giulia I still had the old glasses so Brandy dug 'em out and cleaned 'em off. Sure are better than none! Have a good one! and thanks for the sunshine on my head!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I haven't really said too much about being sick, only a few knew and I was coming to ride the train and congratulate and pledge. I am healing now! Thanks for the prayers, fellow Ohioan!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry for all that you have been going through.  Sending prayers that you will get better. 

constanceclum

Terrie I, too, am so sorry for all you are going through! It sucks to be poor and sick and not get your needs met. I think things are only going to get worse but I am praying for a quick recover for you.

Connie

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Thank You, Jackie!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

24 hours on the steroids and antibiotics have me feeling somewhat human again! I knew what I needed I just couldn't get it! Thanks, for the prayers!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos