cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

bigbear1

Depression Got the Best of Me

Somewhere around the 8th day of being nicotine free (8 January, 2014) I went into a depression of suicidal depths.  Even though I started this group, I didn't even think of using it to ask for help by asking other members if they had encountered simillar situationsI just dropped out.  When I was finally able to see my psychiatrist he put me on a new anti-depressant and told me that if it didn't take effect within 10 days I had to call and come back in immediately.  The medicine did work that quickly, much to my surprise!

Another big surprise that makes me truly grateful is seeing that our group has now grown to 16 members in my absence.  When I originally started this group (with the support of my mentor Green Thumb) the first response I received was negative, telling me the group would fail.  Well, that 'Wannabe Guru' has been proved wrong.

Thanks for all of your support!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
catfish6

Bigbear1, so happy you are feeling better and your new med is working. I suffer from major depression. Sometimes I wonder if that's why I have a hard time quitting. I feel better when I do. My son is studying to be a psychiatrist and said it has something to do with th acetocholine (spelling?) in the brain. Anyway, I had a huge slip up and am smoking again. I need to set a new quit date. Glad you're feeling better:). Catfish

0 Kudos