cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedDragon1990

Gardening in a flower box.

I started my garden in a porch box. We live in a trailer park . So I didn’t want to tear up the yard. My plants have done well. I’m amazed with all the high temperatures things are growing well. It keeps my mind off smoking. I’m using organic soil . I take pleasure in working in the soil. I have a green thumb . My wife has a black thumb. . I have zucchini, and yellow squash in individual planters. Water with miracle grow every other day. And just water opposite days. 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Barbscloud

@RedDragon1990 That's great. There are a number of quitters here that enjoy gardening and like to get there hands dirty.    I have my plants in the ground and in containers.   I just caught one drooping from the heat when I got home. I may have to move that one container elsewhere.  Haven't don't veggies for along time 

Gardening is a great hobby to help with not smoking. Have you found any other activities?. If you can walking is great.  Even a short walk is just enough time to refocus your thoughts and get an added boost of dopamine.  And guess what,  gardening increases your dopamine also.  Digging in the dirt can really lift our spirits.

Stay close and continue to share your experiences.

One day at a time will get you where you want to be.  

Barb

0 Kudos