cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jowilson1970

Planting and Growing: All I need is a Seed, Dirt, Sunshine and Soulshine.

As I began to plant my fall garden, I realized that I needed to plant a seed of self-determination. 

The variety of which, blooms into a much healthier Life. 

After all, am I not growing my own fruits and veggies, because I "Claim" to be health conscious? Am I not concerned about what I put into my body? If those declarations are true, then why am I intentionally excluding the very part of my body which "breaths" life into me?

I have set a quit smoke date for 11/28/2023 in order to break new ground and prepare my body, just as I prepare my garden soil to something new and exciting. 

I also realize that nothing could possibly assist with "grounding me" in this process than getting my hands a little dirty, instead of my lungs.

I can DO this!!  🙂

Labels (5)
11 Replies
Barbscloud

@Jowilson1970  Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Great analogy to ending your relationship with smoking. "planting a seed...".

I quit after 50 years of smoking and many attempts at quitting.  When I found the Ex, learned how to quit for the first time  and how invaluable support was for me on this journey to become an Ex. A big part of quitting is creating new associations to replace smoking.  There's where you plan comes into play.  This link is a great place to learn about tools, cravings and creating those associations.  It's also educating yourself about nicotine addiction plays a big role in a successful quit.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/

We're here to support you, so reach out anytime we can help.  Join many of us on taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 28th.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

biscuit9

Like the analogy, I am a farmer's daughter.  We also have a fall garden and it is looking good.  Greens are so good for the body, full of iron and good stuff.  You have alot of time to read and learn and to decide what tools you will use for your quit.  Happy for you and you will not regret getting out of this addiction.  This addiction has taken enough of you and it's time to live a healthy LIFE.  Quit day 412.

Jowilson1970

Well, tomorrow is my official quite date, and I am actually excited.  I have spent the last several weeks reducing my Tabacco usage and I am now down from a little over a pack a day to just one single cigarette a day.  Already feeling better and ready to kick this habit for good!  🙂  The best Thanksgiving / Christmas gift I could every give myself.

Barbscloud

@Jowilson1970 Glad you're still with us and are excited about your quit.  That positive attitude will take you far on this journey to becoming and ex. In addition to some aids, etc.  I also cut down for a week prior to my quit.  I was fortunate to find the Ex that week and learned how to quit after 50 years of smoking.   

Continue to read material on the site and keep your plan on track by staying close the Ex to receive and give support.   We're here for you, so reach out anytime you need some help or want to share your experience.

Join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

I am excited for you and your new journey, life and mindset.  Kick this addiction and move forward with that healthy life you are CHOOSING.  Continue to remind yourself, I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE.  Embrace the new lifestyle!

By the way, how is your fall garden looking?  We have bok choy, mustards, collards and turnips, red lettuce, butter crunch lettuce, kale, cabbage, and spinach.  Lots of good stuff and we are eating it regularly.

0 Kudos
Jowilson1970

biscuit,

Your garden sounds delightful.

I currently have Parsley, Basil, Rosemary, Oregano, Cilantro, Chives, Sage, Spinach, green onion, leeks, eggplant, sweet lettuce blend, baby romaine, Swiss chard, and beets (although we are really just harvesting the tops :-), my peppers are still holding on and we have jalapenos, banana and bell.

Love eating clean.

Please keep me posted, especially when spring arrives! 

Thyme

This is awesome!

I am getting back into gardening after taking a break for a few years. I planted my fall garden a few weeks ago—kale, Brussels, beets, lettuce and some herbs.

I think one thing I enjoyed about smoking is that it got me outside on a regular basis. Gardening is such a healthier outlet for that desire. And it feels good to dig in the dirt and watch things grow!

biscuit9

Oh yes, @Thyme .  Plant the little seeds and watch them grow, in their due season.  It's a living miracle, when you can harvest that plant into some good, healthy food.  

0 Kudos
Thyme

@biscuit9 

Yes! So true. There is something miraculous about it.