cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craftylady

Weight loss and quitting group - What is your plan??

Just a discussion!  What is your plan to stay in a healthy lifestyle when stress hits?  Just like quitting and staying quit a plan needs to be there.  What has brought this on? 

With my job issues, Mom being sick and possibly facing her 4th surgery in less than a year and life in general I've had a lot of stress lately.  OK can't smoke anymore (DUH!!  LOL), my Planar Facitis has been acting up so plan A - Exercise while stressed has been minimal while I let my feet heal SO what did that leave me?  I have had an AWEFUL eating week!!  I refuse to get on the scale until I'm going in a positive direction - afraid that seeing the number would further hurt my efforts.  I quit smoking to help with the healthy lifestyle I was creating BUT with the recent stress I have fallen back on one of my old comforts - FOOD!  So whats my plan?  Good question.  I'm still working on it but have been doing a lot of crafting (keeps my hands too busy to eat and I love it!) other than that been doing as much walking as I can AND have bought some special splints for my feet and hoping that helps helps (they are in the mail).  OH and the 5K I was planning on doing is a NO GO with the feet!  So sad!!

So what is your plan??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
barryfiddler

Ive been exercising all along so I think what I'll do is focus on a half marathon or upcoming 5K as a way to stay motivated and focused. But since you cant run one you could focus on biking !!

As for stress, exercise in itself is a great stress reducer. A free site I use is fitday.com

lets you create a plan and track your calories.

0 Kudos
Connie55

Perhaps you could try swimming or bicycling since your feet hurt so bad? I like to swim to change up my routine or I get bored.

0 Kudos
marzh33

Have you thought about yoga? I put a nail through my foot on Sat. I can barely walk but I can still do my Yoga! If you've not done it before it could be a fun project to help keep your mind busy for a while. As far as the pantar facitis goes, one thing I have my clients that suffer from it do that really helps, get one of those hard rubber dog balls with the nubs all over. Keep it in the freezer and every morning use it to massage your foot. Focus the pressure where you heel meets your arch and work toward the ball of your foot. Good luck! Plantar Facitis is no fun.
0 Kudos