cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,172 Replies
indingrl

3 mile done and done

LanaKay

I have been doing about 40 minutes a day of aerobic and floor exercise. I have been faithful for about the last 4 months. I am still hurting but getting myself moving has helped my state of mind. I have degenerative disc disease and a hermit disc so was sent to physical therapy and I have just kept up with the workouts and added some. Years ago I was a real work out but but had just gotten out of the habit. Happy to report I’m back into it!

JACKIE1-25-15

EXercise is one of the keys to being healthy. Glad you are MOVING. 

0 Kudos
Maki

Totally blew it today ... was working on setting up a new phone ... I needed one so badly finally broke down and bought it . I'm quite happy with it so far . Learning it faster than I thought too lol . I'm so bad at technology ! 

It was freezing out today and I'm not climatized yet , neither is pup so we were an unhappy pair . A block was enough for both of us . I'll forgive myself and call it a rest day .. tomorrow I'll dig out winter scarves and order this poochie a jacket poor thing was shivering the whole block . Moving was not doable today . 

YoungAtHeart

LanaKay 

Welcome!  It doesn't have to be exercise to count here.  As long as you are moving, it does!!

Good for you for keeping up with the PT exercises.  I have a hard time doing that, although my hips have been killing me (both have repairs) and a Personal Trainer friend suggested I do stretches and they only take about 5 minutes before I get out of bed  - and they are WORKING - so will keep up with them.  I was in excruciating pain when I tried to walk any distance.  I swim laps in the summer and usually walk in the winter when I can't swim (like this year) ....so I am pleased I can now  go for about 40 minutes without pain.  Improvement!

0 Kudos
CrazyQuitter

I am on a strict keto vegetarian diet atm and I feel so much happier! 

I have lost about 8/9ibs in the past 3-4 weeks and it shows!

I exercise when my body permits (I have 4 different physical health issues)

0 Kudos
Giulia

Well I wrote a whole bunch and lost it.  So.. we'll try again.

Lana  4 months of 40 minutes a day of aerobic and floor exercise, especially given your disc problems is phenomenal!  I mean seriously.  Kudos.  You inspire!

Diane Joy, you are unstoppable!  Ever setting an example.

Christine - you did a lot more than you said you were going to.  Kuos!

Maki, you didn't blow it.  You walked a block and spent other time on needed learning.  If moving is not doable on a given day, it doesn't mean we blew it.  It means moving wasn't doable today.

CrazyQuitter - losing that weight is GREAT!  And you should feel lighter of step.  Kudos.  Exercising when we can is all that's expected here.  Sometimes, we simply can't.  No judgment.  We MOVE as we can, when we can.

For me, today I got the chain saw out and cut small stuff for an hour and half.  Some large limbs that have been there for months and then the wee saplings that grow up every year.  If I don't cut the latter it's really hard to blow the leaves through the undergrowth.  It's actually a good core workout now that I think about it.  Legs (bending), arms (sawing), stomach and back supporting the body while bending and sawing with the weight of a chain saw in your hands.  AND did a load of laundry.  Cleaned a few windows.  AND cooked a fabulous red cabbage side dish (which takes an hour to simmer).  It's a Belgium recipe with apples, (a sweet cabbage dish, not sour) if anybody's interested.  We'll see how sore my body is tomorrow.  Haven't used the saw in many moons.  I'm grateful that at this age I still can.  See you manana!

0 Kudos
Maki

GM all . Second rest day today , with only necessary short walk to get dog out . It's NOT enough but it will have to do . 

Glad she's here or it would be no walk at all . I absolutely am grateful for treatment but boy it sucks big time a few days .  No one gets that because they don't have to live that and I'm whining so turn myself around accept it and I'll cheer you all on ... take an extra mile for me or an extra pedal on the stationary .. or extra mile with Leslie ...  YAH you slow down rest lol . 

Moving makes a difference . 

0 Kudos
LeftysLady

Good Morning everyone, sounds like everyone has been doing what they can at their own speed.  I haven't been gotten my schedule down pat as to what I can do when.  Not complaining though because I am getting practice in the interruption of my day.  I am finally back to averaging 10k steps a day this past week and hoping to achieve 15K a day in the next couple of weeks feeling better all the time.  Started new core building and posture correcting exercises yesterday.  My core and posture have always been my weakest links.

Tomorrow I hope to get up with my husband and go practice on the golf range.  Due to a bad knee he his having to relearn how to play, I began last January and made it through May,  I will not play in the Texas summer, even early in the morning it is too hot for me.

Maki, I can see you are worried about not moving enough due to cold weather, try simple sitting exercises, such as sitting on the front half of a hard chair (dining room chair) and raising your legs one at a time and keeping your knee and ankle at a 90 degree bend.  it helps keep the muscles working when walking isn't available.  If you look up "exercises while sitting"  I am sure you could come up with a safe routine that will keep you moving when the weather won't let you move as much as you would like.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day everyone.