cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,321 Replies
YoungAtHeart

JACKIE1-25-15      I have found that if you soak the brushes in a bucket of water for awhile, they are MUCH easier to clean.  Haven't tried it with a roller - but if you roll most of the excess out on the wall, and then on newspaper, soaking might help, too.  There are times I get lazy and just throw the rollers away --- NEVER the brushes, though....I have favorites!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

I always use the water to clean rollers and brushes but I am just trying to get ahead by cleaning excess paint in the roller on the walls that need to be painted seems to help with the applying the two coats. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Your out of shape belly is my dream in shape belly!   (Meaning mine is REALLY out of shape.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you will be feeling better soon Jackie . 

A not close friend called ... she wanted to come visit .  I was a meany . I do not feel comfortable with such little functioning immune system to have people over in my house and outdoors now is out of the question for hours visiting . 

She sees hundreds of people everyday , mentioned three people surrounding her right now being tested for covid . 

In conversation she was saying she was with her sick sons family yesterday . A phone call is fine with me . 

People don't understand a common cold to them can be instant pneumonia and months of recovery with high dose antibiotics for me .  Could even cost me my life .

If I go out anywhere I choose places to go where I can keep myself as safe as I can and keep others safe as best. Can as well . 

Now I think I'll get going on my solitary walk . Appreciating that so much .... it's cold but beautiful . kerp yourselves safe everyone . 

Christine13

No G.  I never went to the Dr. about it, just sucked it up.  They wanted me to do physio now, but I can't afford it, but he said an exercise bike is great physio.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

JACKIE1-25-15 

I have just finished rewatching The West Wing.  Some of it was familiar, but it has been so long since I saw it and it was SO well done, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I also have recently watched Longmire - which is going to have another season starting.  Now watching Virgin River which I also am liking.  Tried to watch Bosch because of the books by Michel Connelly which I loved, but I could NOT see the guy those chose as the lead as that character.  Liked Bloodline for awhile - LOVED the Florida Keys location - but it got funky and I didn't finish it.  The first couple of seasons were excellent.  Also enjoyed the Midwife, and am still working on the Sopranos.  Also enjoyed Orange is the New Black (if you can get through some of the early, graphic scenes).  Some excellent character development there, The Queen. was also quite good - and explained what is wrong with Prince Charles!!  A friend and I watch The Black List at the same time (she in her house, me in mine!) - but it's not for everybody.  Can be VERY violent - not sure if you would like that.

I have become tired of Prime, and mostly only watch stuff on Netflix.  Prime will decide, halfway through a series, to start charging you for it, and often it will not keep track of pauses (which I almost always utilize!).  The frustration, to me, was not worth the offerings.

I only watch about an hour of TV a night - so you can tell I have enjoyed my subscription and is money well spent.  I cannot TELL you the last time I watched a regular channel TV show!!!  I would go for Netflix before a DVR - there is really not that much on over-the air TV unless you like the Laws and Orders, or American Pickers or the real crime dramas.  Check out your public television station for offerings - they have good stuff - and the DVR might be good for them. 

With winter coming on and being stuck inside this year, I don't think I would MAKE it without something to look forward to in the evening.

Sootie

YoungAtHeart‌  JACKIE1-25-15

Oh Nancy I LOVE West Wing!!! I watch it all the time.

Did you see the HBO special which was a stage reading of the Hartsfield Landing WW episode? It was entitled When We All Vote.

AND---great documentary on MSNBC.....The Way I See It.

The First Ladies series on CNN is also very good.

JACKIE1-25-15

Thanks for the suggestion ladies. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going way back , sorry ,@Christine13,  I missed your post . Grateful to have you with us , it will be fun ... sorry though your knees are hurting but I agree with your dr , excersise is so helpful although it took me convincing for the longest time to get moving . It will change your life around if you let it and not only help your physical health , but emotional and your quit too .

Braces have been mentioned a lot today . I Know someone who also wears knee braces . They are very very overweight but uses those knees as an excuse not to excersise rather than a reason to excersise . I'm really excited you are here ... I get easily unmotivated and I think the teamwork of us all helps one another move . That's moving  

Christine13

Thanks for the welcome everyone.  I did 12 minutes on the bike today.  It felt good.  Tomorrow 15.

I did walk 20 minutes yesterday afternoon and I hope to do another 20 today.