cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,290 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Hoping ALL who are hurting or ill have a better day today!  

We are 20 degrees below normal here with wind, but at least the sun is shining (at least for a bit this morning!).  Spring is coming, I am SURE, but it is sure taking its own sweet time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning all , 

All my moving yesterday gave me a good sleep last night . Weather here too is still a little chilly for another day , but looking up for tomorrow . 
If I can catch time I’ll grab pup for a walk and  if not I’ll do my exercises and bake to keep the chill off in here .Have a good day all , get better soon .

SuzyQ411

@Anonymous ~ So happy to hear how well your days (and sleep-filled nights) are going for you <3. @Barbscloud ~ Charlie just pulls at my heart strings. Such a happy and adorable pup!  My puddy tat Mr. Flurry just kinda "fell into my lap." I took him in and cared for him while his "Mom" who is a friend of mine and, a volunteer at the local SPCA who had adopted Flurry from them. While she was gone I fell in love with the 10 mos old deaf, white cat with blue eyes and luckily when his "Mom" returned she agreed to gift him over to me. He is now 8 years old and the center of my life. I am like @YoungAtHeart  regarding kittens- I am a sucker for itty-bitty baby kitties and could easily become a cat collector I am sure!

cat collector.jpg

(But I would have a smile on my face, lol)

Hi friends! Long time since I’ve posted in here. Just wanted to say I’ve been moving a lot more lately! I started volunteering at a dog rescue 2 months ago. I pretty much walk dogs the whole time I’m there. I come home sore and tired. It’s a workout for sure. If my old friends here remember, I’m obsessed with dogs and love them so much! Adopt a shelter dog!! My two rescue fur babiesMy two rescue fur babies

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son has a rescue dog @kristen-9-7-15 gotten as a pup . I also love pets and would love to volunteer but don’t have balance and concerned a jump would put me on the ground . Responsible owners are great , irresponsible ones make me upset . Your dogs are beautiful .,

Hey maki! At the shelter I’m at there are volunteers that can’t do the physical walking and taking on the jumping dogs. They sit with the dogs and read to them, take the smaller dogs out and just sit outside. They also do dishes, laundry, organizing and cleaning. My rescue has volunteers spots for event planning and fundraising. I’d look into some local ones and see what they need help with.

Barbscloud

@kristen-9-7-15 Good to hear from you and your babies look great.  That's great that you're volunteering at the shelter.

Charlie is the first dog I've rescued (many cats).   It was not the best experience.  There are lots of rules and regulations that made it more difficult than I expected or I would have had another dog sooner. There is a lack of communication with the "applicants" for a particular dog. With all the shelters in my area, I drove 90 miles to get Charlie.

My vet just told me they wouldn't give her vet friend a dog because she works too many hours.  Really?

I'm still a supporter, but not should what I would  do next time.

Thanks for being one of my best supporters when I quit.

Recent photo of my Charlie.

IMG_20240119_123937043~3.jpg

Barb

I remember charlie! He is so cute!

I too had a shelter tell me I couldn’t adopt a puppy because I worked. WHAAT??? I need to be able to afford a dog! They would let me adopt an older dog, which to some extent I understand. But, I work 7:30-3:30 and could go home at lunch. I didn’t mind getting an older dog but this shelter was very pushy.

Anyways, I went to another shelter and they had no problem adopting a puppy (5 months) to me. And that’s where I volunteer at now! 

YoungAtHeart

I guess the lesson here is to do some homework before you go through the kennel.  The one where I volunteered required that you prove you were allowed to have a pet - either that you owned your home or that your rental allowed pets. They did an interview to be sure folks would provide a good home, but I don't remember any other firm requirements.

I am too soft hearted to even walk through the kennels, nor hold the kitties and then leave without them!  After I did either at orientation, I had terrible dreams about all the neglected ones....so I volunteered in the office, handling the intake of people wishing to adopt.  The surrender counter was on the other side of the area, and you would not believe the stories I heard from folks doing that. The summer was the worst!  People would bring pets in because they "were going on vacation!!!"  It took all my self control not to confront them!!!

indingrl

Hello dear friend @kristen-9-7-15 

Thank you for sharing and cute fur babies pic too

I am a cat lover yet since my fur baby passed years ago and I tried other cats yet no I passed them on to other family members

There was only one for me

Thanks for reading and letting me share