cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,179 Replies
indingrl

Hubby and I had a wonderful time thank you dear @SuzyQ411 

We are becoming minimalist in our aging too I am sending all grandkids their stuff we are blessing them with now 

We will not have a will my adults kids said they do NOT want any of our stuff 

They have enough stuff of their own lol

We are donate what we have to church to give to the needy etc which will be on paper and notarized done and done with our stuff

We lived in one bedroom and may down size to a studio it is just me and my hubby and less to clean is good for me amen 

SuzyQ411

@indingrl  I'm on the same page as you, Diane Joy. I have had the family take what they wanted from my china cabinet, etc. and will put the rest up for sale in the spring. I'm down to one labelled box per son ( I have 3) which contain stuff they want / I want them to have. Am trying to simplify things for them as well!

YoungAtHeart

@Giulia 

STILL better than sulking on the couch, eating chocolate and watching mindless TV (although today that doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me!)

Hugs!

JACKIE1-25-15

Well MOVERS It is Monday,,, Fun day.  My weekend was rather grand until my brother fell and broke his hip as I was returning him to assisted living. I felt so at fault.  He got away from me so quickly.  He things he can do things that his body is not capable of.  He tried to rush through an automatic door that was already closing while walking on a cane.  I pray he will recovers to be better than before.  He has been through so much. Anyway Gosh, I look back now and smoking never entered my mind. NOPE No Matter What.  Trying to stay on track with exercise routine.  So I am not going to the hospital 1st thing this morning.  I am going to do my Physical Therapy and keep it MOVING.  He will be having surgery today.  I do not know what time but my sister is already there.  A new online college course class starts today.  Anyway MOVERS have a good one. I have to get up and MOVE. Update just found out his surgery is scheduled to be at 2:30. Prayer Warriors Release Please

YoungAtHeart

Oh, @JACKIE1-25-15 , I am SO sorry.  Keeping you and your brother close in my thoughts today.

SuzyQ411

@JACKIE1-25-15  So sorry to hear about your brother's injury. These darned falls can happen so quickly and without assigned blame ❤️

This prayer warrior has lit her prayer candle nd set her timer to ring at 2:30- will pray during his surgery and in the meantime am prayaing for both of you 🙏

indingrl

Prayers Lifted dear one @JACKIE1-25-15 

0 Kudos
Sootie

@JACKIE1-25-15 Prayers for your brother in law........

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Already got two loads of wash on the lines - 46 degrees this morning!  😳  Did one window and its storm in the living room (now the AC is out).  

Next is freezing a bunch of Heirloom Tomatoes I bought at the farmer's market - will peel and quarter them.  I never knew you could freeze them!  Will use them as stewed, or just as is as side dishes or even hearty tomato juice. Wish I had saved an ice cube tray.  That would have been perfect for single servings!   Hope to have a taste  of summer as long as I can!

When it warms up a bit, I will be creating a Halloween tableau with graves, a gate, some bones poking out and ghosts in my trees.  I have a homemade bedsheet ghost and a bat to hang on the front porch now that the awnings are in.  I will need to find a replacement pumpkin.  The one I bought already quickly molded, even in a cool setting. I carved THREE for years after my girls were gone since we always had three when they were growing up,  but just one now. Halloween is a BIG deal in our neighborhood.  There is always quite a parade of children and parents, and even the teens usually get dressed up.  It is quite the festive evening!  Looking forward to it!

The sun room windows and curtains nearly killed me - but am enjoying the fruits of my labors this morning.

Keep moving, gals!  Missing @Cousin-Itt among us!

KMC56

Finished a half bushel of tomatoes couple weeks ago...flashed 1 /2, and roasted the other half.  Blistered my cherry tomatoes- sauce is divine.  I always have frozen my tomatoes.  Enjoyed spaghetti with the roasted, and chili with the flashing..nothing like it!

The blistered we use to top our grilled burgers.

Never seems to be enough!

Take it easy with all the fall domestic to dos doll..I fractured my tibeau plateau (years ago) cleaning windows and taking down the wind chimes!!

Tomorrow..I'm cleaning the walls and doors...freshen everything up before we shut the widows for winter..and the holiday chaos!