cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Let's Get Moving Part 3

Jump to solution

'The original idea was to "get moving" at least 4 times a week, staying accountable to each other.  Post your accomplishments in the comments. This is the original blog link if you would like to clarify the guidelines

Let's Get Moving Challenge - EX Community.   Any activity counts, as long as you get off your butt and get your heart pumping.  Who knows, maybe we'll lose a little weight or a couple of inches in the meantime.  I hope placing it in discussions this time will work better than a blog post where there were so many entries and becomes harder to locate.  Let's see if we can keep it on the board often and easy to find. 

I believe we got sidetracked when I suggested doing other challenges and those challenges were not conducive to everyone. My fault. Lesson learned.  So I am hoping we can get back to doing what "you" do instead of a specific routine.  Got it?.   In the previous post, there were a lot of comments to go through to come up with this list of who participated.  Hopefully, it will catch on again.  Of course, sometimes we got off topic which can happen.  This post really kept me motivated and we had a lot of fun while learning a lot from each other with over 2519 comments on the first blog and 1072 Let's Get Moving 2018 - EX Community  on second blog comments. So let's Get Moving Part 3!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18,290 Replies
SuzyQ411

@indingrl 

heart.png

xox

YoungAtHeart

Worked in the sunroom today.  Dusted the walls, washed the baseboards and radiator covers, cleaned the shelves and objects on them.  Was not up to much ladder work today, so resisted!  My football team plays in London tomorrow and the game is on at 9:15 AM, so will iron curtains while watching them after the Farmers Market.  Hope to get them back up, too!

Giulia

Did about three hours?  2 1/2?  Of raking onto a king-size bedsheet (great for leaves!) then hauling off on the other side of the fence.  So MANY spiders and wooly bully's.  Never seen so many.  Well, I call them "wooly bully's" but they're actually "wooly bears."  A little interesting history about them  What Is a Woolly Bear Caterpillar? | The Family Handyman  Then it made me think of the Wooly Bully song.  Well, actually, I think the song made me call them wooly bullys..."  Anyway... I moved!  Onward!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally forgot about the bedsheet trick , we used to do that I remember now on the farm .

Hope ya all have a good day , sorta just chilling out today as I mentioned , just church , the rest of the day puttering or resting , or whatever is put  on my mind to do or not do lol , more than likely not do lol . 

0 Kudos
indingrl

360_F_508302679_2KafIHmZK7s5OfKEmX3zPt9W2wx9J0i5.jpg

 up at 533am and prayed

Headed out with hubby to thank and praise God with other believers then home to enjoy our day of rest being warm and cozy in our home by watching old John Wayne movies Elderado with Dean Martin and James Caan old school movie so relaxing to us it is an actual movie 

YoungAtHeart

I have determined that I was THIS many years old when I decided I should not be tackling 15 windows, tops 9' off the ground, with 12' metal curtain rods to be maneuvered  into place, curtains to be ironed and put up - after windows and surrounds are washed.  I WILL get them done...but it has been a challenge!  

I have been moving, and I will shortly be DONE (in more ways than one!).

Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what @YoungAtHeart , I don’t have much to take care of in my little condo and can’t do near what you can , you are amazing .  If you remember not long ago I did my windows . I decided  to go into the guest room today to  open the blinds and windows and they are as dirty if not dirtier than when I did them last , and you know what I don’t care ( so not me )  I’ll get them next spring . My priorities changed so much , I must say it was frustrating to look out a dirty window though , but today they will not be done . Now that’s not saying I might change my mind next warm day and if I’m up to it , but it’s too much for me to do again and that’s just one window so I think you are Wonder Woman . I honestly thought of hiring  !  It sounds like you have a home that’s spotless like my mom had and you are proud of that as you should be . I used to go home help my mom with her windows every summer. She had sheers etc too . Big tall windows .  I know it feels good to have them clean and done . Hopefully you will be done soon .Take care of yourself . 

I am off to an afternoon church in hopes it’s going to work better than morning services for me .  I will check out the bussing schedule too but for today door to door there and maybe a walk .. but seems the stop is only a block away which is perfect .. coming home stop at the store and walk there .I’m so excited for the Christmas trees to be lit up . So peaceful . So everyone have a good night , I’ll catcha tomorrow . 

YoungAtHeart

I HATE closing my house up for the winter. It's dark with no fresh air, and cold, and damp...and if the inside is clean and shiny, it helps me to accept all that!  No other reason, really, than THAT!  If  I have to be mostly inside, it makes it easier to bear for me.

I may need to figure out how to get over it, though!  😁

Giulia

Today - I vacuumed the kitch and mopped it.  Wooo hooo.  Sigh.  

SuzyQ411

Today my exercise came mainly from shopping. After I attended a money-raising event for a relative soon to undergo a bone marrow transplant for treatment of leukemia, I drove to our local Walmart. I purposely parked at the end of the lot furthest from the section of the store where I would be doing most of my shopping and entered at that furthest location. Thus, I had to walk the full length of the superstore to do my shopping. Also, due to the variety of items on my list, I was in several departments. So I did do a good share of walking during that 45 minute period.

As I write this, I'm looking back to almost 10 years ago when I first moved back to this part of the country and I recall how I could not walk that store very easily without excessive shortness of breath and extreme fatigue. Now that I have a pacemaker / defibrillater and aalso heart medication adjustments I can see a major difference. And I woud also like to think that my habit of walking about the neighborhood over the past year or so has also helped. Whatever, I feel blessed by the improvement!

BTW, while at Walmart, I celebrated my 501 days of non-smoking with the purchase of two sweaters, a cute hooded jaket anad some warm winter gloves.

@Giulia  Congrats on getting your kitchen mopped! I did the same this week and even that small event made the place seem a bit cleaner!

@YoungAtHeart - "Closing the house up for winter" is exactly how it feels to me once I lock all the windows. I like fresh air and fighting off cold drafts by battening down the hatches feels like a cruel "sentence" to me.

@indingrl  - Trust that you and the hubby enjoyed curl up on the couch anad watch movies day ata home ❤️

@Maki - Like you, I will be "church shopping" soon-- am feeling the need to become connected with a community of faith.

P.S. One of the things I really like about renting this apartment is that someone else is responsible for all the outside work (like raking leaves) PLUS when something goes wrong-- like the roof this summer for example-- I am not responsible to fix it. If/ when I move to Tennessee near my middle son, I will also purposefully be downsizing which will also mean less square footage to keep clean which, at this stage of the game, seems like a great idea. (Think I'm throwing in the towel, lol.)

Time to start getting ready for bed~

Hello and goodnight to all you fellow movers I have not directly addressed ❤️