cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

John's Living Room

Check out my progress here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/15:

My start weight for March = 260.4 lbs.

My long term (1 year) Goal = Maintain 200 - 210 lb wt average without smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
155 Replies

Me too this is my goal now and actually always has been.  Health really is priceless and even though I still go on the other site some this is my focus  I have strived to be healthy my entire life but lived in a smokers body.  Now that I am free from that I need to narrow down on what will carry me over to the next level.  

Enjoy your family John and is diet day Monday?

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Bonnie, I had a wonderful couple days. I had some good eats but I won't tease you with the details but I am on the East Coast with an ample supply of Cod and Lobster. Bonnie reminded me of my commitment coming up. Saturday is the start of my DeTox juicing regimin. 3 days acceptable, 5 days ideal. I'm really not worrying about my weight.

I've really enjoyed paying attention to my habits the past 2 weeks and I cut back a lot. After my DeTox, I'm curious as to what menu I'll choose for my first week. Probably Oriental, lots of veggies, rice noodles seaweed. NO RAMAN NOODLES! I actually have a package of Instant Seaweed soup (mushroom and veggie flavor)

I still have to make my Chili Rellano before Saturday....!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

DAILY HEALTH RECORD

(3/23/15 am - 257.8)  257.8 / ???.? / 258.8 / 258.2 / 258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/22: No (Minimal intake with seaweed soup and sushi)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/22: Yes (Busy with menial chores)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    My uhQUITs Progress {# of points} { 5 }

cofQUIT (4) // uhwQUIT <258.5 (1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW, Stevia is an interesting story in it's own right. From political to deception. NOTE: True Stevia is very good for you. The following link is a good all around summary. 

http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2012/08/guide-to-stevia.html

I encourage (for those interested), Do some more surfing. The FDA involvement is stupid. 

For the record, I started using Stevia 2 weeks ago but now learned I got crap. I love this on going learning curve.

I've only been drinking one cup of coffee a day and my crash and burn mental states have ceased (for the most part). i still get tired later in the day but that's normal. I do have more good energy throughout the entire day and much less "nervous" energy.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I am reading the stevia now. I found some recipes on bread to make and a couple have that in there. Thanks for the info. I drink usually 1 cup a day also, maybe 2 but not everyday. Besides my 8 glasses of water, i am drinking green and white tea too. You're doing great!

0 Kudos

OK I'm from Maryland but Seaweed Soup.  Ughh you do not need to put that in the recipe list:):).  In the book I am reading you are supposed to drink 3 cups of green tea.  I did two today and cut out two cups of coffee.  

Still drank coffee and always will.  Might get down to one cup though.  image

0 Kudos
John10forteen

HEY... We got the same cup! Funny.. Thanks for the laugh.

I've actually been doing really well with only one cup of coffee. I'm allowing myself 2 cups a day but have only been drinking one. I save my second one for the occasional mid afternoon espresso but haven't done it yet.

The hardest part is during and at the end of my morning (1) cup of coffee. The whole time I'm already wanting to gulp down a second and more. That one cup of coffee feels like the (last cigarette in a pack) every time. I could have a second but I choose not to. What really helps is I make my coffee and start steeping my tea so it's ready to go when I'm done with the coffee and it reallydissipates the coffee urge completely.

Seaweed is an amazing culinary experience. CT has a lot of different etnic shops and when I was on my sushi adventure and exploring ingredients, I found an oriental shop...... (you can't read the instructions on the packages because they're mostly  Chinese or Japanese) 

I love these Etnic stores and I usually buy the most bizzare things from them. So there it was. "Instant Seaweed Soup" Hilarious..right?? I get home and open one of the individul packs and sure enough (Dried seaweed + season pack like you get in raman noodles including the dehydrated veggies) Just add hot H2O. DELICIOUSLY DIFFERENT.

I gotta go but if you have a Ocean State Job Lot, go to the snack area and look for the seaweed snack package. I reccomend the spicy, they are not spicy hot just spicy seasoned. All three flavors are good. $2.00 experiment. 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

P.S. The Health Benefits of Seaweeds are Impressive. Did you know??? NORI (sushi wraps) are seaweed? Have some fun one day and go to an authentic Oriental store and they'll have selections of Seaweeds like we have selections Greens.in our grocery stores.

Time for weigh in and then I gotta go. Ya'll have a great day!

DAILY HEALTH RECORD

(3/24/15 am - 256.4)  257.8 / 257.8 / ???.? / 258.8 / 258.2 / 258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/23: No (Minimal intake with seaweed soup (again) and spring rolls with rice wrappers-not fried-)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/23: Yes (Busy with menial chores)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    My uhQUITs Progress {# of points} { 7 }

cofQUIT (5) // uhwQUIT <258.5 (2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Sorry but that doesn't sound appetizing to me. I am very limited on what i eat. Ok John what does seaweed taste like? anything like spinach cause thats what it reminds me of LOL. You know what?  you remind me of Andrew Zimmerman from Bizarre Foods. with all your food testing, i wonder if you would ever try Durian fruit. Google it 🙂 Inquiring minds want to know. 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

DAILY HEALTH RECORD

(3/25/15 am - 257.4)  256.4 / 257.8 / 257.8 / ???.? / 258.8 / 258.2 / 258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/24: No (Minimal intake all day but Chocolate Binge in the evening)

PRO Physical Activity on 3/24: Yes (Physical exertion several hours)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    My uhQUITs Progress {# of points} { 9 }

cofQUIT (6) // uhwQUIT <258.5 (3) // dbeQUIT ()

0 Kudos
John10forteen

DAILY HEALTH RECORD

(3/26/15 am - 255.0) 257.4 / 256.4 / 257.8 / 257.8 / ???.? / 258.8 / 258.2 / 258 / xxx.x / 260.2 / 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/25: No (Minimal intake all day but Light Binge eating in the evening)

PRO Physical Activity on 3/25: Sorta (Some physical exertion but mostly a slug)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My uhQUITs Progress {# of points} { 11 }

cofQUIT (7) // uhwQUIT <258.5 (4) // dbeQUIT ()

MY coffeeQUIT rules: I'm allowed 2 cups of coffee a day (or less). If I do that successfully it counts as a successful cofQUIT day.

0 Kudos