cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

John's Living Room

Check out my progress here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/15:

My start weight for March = 260.4 lbs.

My long term (1 year) Goal = Maintain 200 - 210 lb wt average without smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
155 Replies
djmurray

I never heard the 80/20 rule before, and I think it's a great idea!  While I'm working on losing this large chunk of weight I think it has to be 100% but for a life plan 80/20 sounds perfect.  It occurs to me that I should be losing weight just because:

1.  I have stopped eating butter, which was my real weakness.  I love bread, but without butter, not so much.  I haven't eaten butter since 2/28.

2.  Coincidentally, I have had no bread of any kind, either.

3.  I was eating sweets like crazy, and I haven't had any of those since 2/28.

Therefore, if I am eating around 1200 calories a day and they don't include any of the above three things, then I think I'm doing well.

The only thing I've added back into my diet is Skinny Pop.  It's this fantastic popcorn that Costco sells, and it's Popcorn, Safflower Oil and Sea Salt.  150 calories for 3 and 3/4 cups.  It's very satisfying and I'm delighted to have it back.  I just have to stick to the amount for 150 calories, and that's not too hard to do.

0 Kudos

That Popcorn sounds wonderful and I love Sea Salt.  We are getting to over 70 tomorrow in CO and might even hit a record so want to get out and get some yard work done.  

Have a Great One.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

(3/15/15 - 261.2) 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/14: No (Excessive and reckless junk food intake)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/14: No (Non Active rain day)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Boy, unlike Donna, my reckless eating is having it's way. I haven't started my uhQuit yet but accumulative disregard = accumulative weight gain. Anything over 260 right now IS NOT acceptable, so I will refrain today and try to stay active.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

What does everyone think about changing the group’s name to 

1) Habitually Healthy

2) Healthy by Habit

3) .... other ideas....?

0 Kudos
John10forteen

From Bonnie

Considering it's still a journey and we will be learning as we go.

1  Making Healthy a Habit. 

2  On the road to Healthy.

(thank u bonnie), i like #1

0 Kudos
elvan

I think they are all good and bascially have the same message.

0 Kudos

OK John just like smoking you can start your diet early.  Or maybe you could even try getting more activitiy in and just eating better.  Hope you took your own advise today and did just that.  You can do this we quit smoking we can do anything.  

0 Kudos
John10forteen

(3/16/15 - 260.2) 261.2 / 258.6 / 259.8 / 257.2 / 258.2 / 258.8 / 258.4 / 259 / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/15: No (Average intake)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/15: Yes (Active chores)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relearning shopping, meal planning and meal preperation is a big deal. It's more time consuming than our lazy habits. But it does a body good and from past experiences I know it's well worth the effort. 

0 Kudos
John10forteen

GROUP INFORMATION:

I FINISHED THE GROUP DISCLAIMER, PLEASE READ AND POST YOUR COMMENTS. I WILL KEEP THIS TOPIC OPEN FOR ABOUT 1 WEEK AND THEN I WILL CLOSE THE COMMENTS AFTER REVIEWING AND ADJUSTING THE DISCLAMER IF WARRENTED. THANK YOU ALL.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Smoke free and a bit lighter than yesterday.

MAKING HEALTHY A HABIT (Group Disclaimer) Click on link

0 Kudos

Just stopping by to say Hi.  Hope your scale is being nice to you:).

0 Kudos