cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John10forteen

John's Living Room

Check out my progress here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/5/15:

My start weight for March = 260.4 lbs.

My long term (1 year) Goal = Maintain 200 - 210 lb wt average without smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
155 Replies
elvan

I think keeping a journal is a really good idea.  I know that when I planned to quit smoking, I found out a lot about my habits by journaling.  

If I ate that much, I suspect I would have to be hospitalized. 

My future daughter in law gave me some sample menus and ideas for things to increase energy and decrease inflammation.  She is incredibly fit and thin and she eats all the time, she is also never still.  She walks to and from work every day no matter what the weather is.  

If I can figure out how to either scan it and post it or just type it all out, I will do so.  Her guidelines are: many small meals, water, water, water, reduce refined sugar, refined grains, and night snacks...CRAP. Multivitamin, Magnesium-leafy greens, Omega 3 - fish, flax, avocado, coconut, and olive oils.

Exercise...TRYING

Cranberry juice, coffee, peppermint tea, and dark chocolate daily.

Lots of dark skinned fruit...will have to clarify that one, what IS dark skinned fruit?

Nuts and beans.

Cook regularly with ginger, tumeric, thyme, mint, and pepper.

She has her degree in Environmental Science, runs and cooks for a Vegetarian cafe and intends to get her masters in nutrition.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

3/7/15 (259.6) / 257.8 / 260.4

Diet Activity on 3/6: None

Phiysical Activity on 3/6: Lots of walking around a sports stadium 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds Awesome Ellen. I don't know how to post things like that to the sight either but if you know how to scan and email it, maybe you can send it to me that way and then I also can try to get it on the site. Her sample menus?? Are they her own menues or is there a name of a company on the menus?, something we can look up?

Bonnie, I Know, Not Fair, Too Bad, Sorry.. LOL. Today is our monthly Family Dinner day at my sisters house and the theme is Hawaii. My wife made Hawaii'n rolls and a pineapple, grape chicken salad to bring. (With Yougurt....yay) + cream cheese + mayonnaise... oops sorry. After that I got a Corned beef to cook up for the weekend, and after that I want to make some Chili Rellano's because I never made or had them and ever since Dale has mentioned them on his Blog i've been wanting to try them so I am going to make them before I quit my unhealthy habits.

I promise not to be teasing you all much longer....  I do not want to give all this up But I know I have to if I want to change my life to a "forever" healthy status.

0 Kudos

Ellen I am very interested in what you have.  I eat almost all of the things you have mentioned and love them.  The bad thing is I also eat a lot of other bad things.  Seriously John you never had Rellano's dang.  

Ellen please find out what she means on dark fruit?  I found this online and also some of my favorites but she might mean more. 

Cranberries, blueberries, grapes, cherries, and raspberries are dark fruits. Anthocyanins, their pigments, have health benefits. A fruit crisp ...

0 Kudos
elvan

I will let you know as soon as I can follow up with her.  She hurt her neck shoveling the walk and she is having a rough time.  There is no name on the sample menu but like I said, she is a chef at a Healthy Foods Cafe so she does a lot of research.

Monday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with coconut milk, honey, chopped nuts, and berries. Cranberry juice.

Snack: Apple with nut butter, Coffee

Lunch:  Hummus, whole wheat pita, feta cheese, carrots, peppers, celery, cucumbers

Snack: Soy yogurt with 2 Tbs granola

Dinner:  Veggie stirfry with fresh ginger and tumeric, brown rice or quinoa

Snack:  Banana, Peppermint tea

Tuesday

Breakfast: Veggie Omelet, Cranberry juice

Snack: Whole wheat toast with nut butter, Coffee

Lunch: Salad with cabbage, carrots, avocado, peppers, olive oil dressing, flax seeds

Snack: Popcorn

Dinner: Baked sweet potato with quinoa and cranberry pilaf

Snack: Dried fruit and almonds, peppermint tea

That's as far as I can get tonight, there are no measurements or recipes with this, just the suggested menu.

0 Kudos
djmurray

Okay, I definitely plan to get on a healthy eating plan when I'm transitioned off this Medifast diet, but you lost me at hummus.  I hate that stuff!!  I actually signed up for a program called Beyond Diet before I decided on Medifast, and the premise there is to eat as much unrefined, unprocessed food as possible.  That I don't have a problem with.    Fortunately, I love fruits and vegetables.  I did have a talk with Medifast today and they told me that tomatoes aren't the best thing for me to be eating because they contain some carbs, and we keep our carbs under 100 grams a day to stay in the "fat burning" state.  So I didn't have tomatoes with my salad this evening.  I'll try to moderate my use of them but I ain't givin' 'em up -- if I had to pick one food only to eat it would be tomatoes!!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

(3/8/15 - 259) / 259.6 / 257.8 / 260.4

PRO Diet Activity on 3/7: None (Average intake)

PRO Phiysical Activity on 3/7: None (Normal Activity)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Ellen, That menu looks great. Thanks for taking the time to type in the sample menu. Please tell your FDiL we thank her very much. I do like the variety of new ideas of new foods in a practical schedule. 

0 Kudos

Ellen, boy does that look good.  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
elvan

I'll keep working on posting it.  I actually like some hummus, not all, I love tofu that is cooked right.  I cannot do many raw vegetables because of dental issues...no carrots or celery and the only peppers I like are roasted red or banana peppers...I will have to ask her if those count.  I am a very picky eater, hate onions...but I "respect" them, I think it's a texture thing because if I saute them and puree them for sauces, I like what they do.  

It's beautiful weather outside and I am going to try to get out there for a little while.  I do not feel well today so it's going to be a struggle but I am going to give it my best shot.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

I believe hummus is just ground up (cooked) soybeans and can be flavored any way you want.

I think so anyway... I like it pretty good too.There is something a bit offish about the texture. but other than that it's good.

0 Kudos
elvan

I think it's chick peas ground up and seasoned and you can season it any way you want, some is heavy on garlic, not my favorite but I love it when they incorporate roasted red peppers...I have a thing for roasted red peppers, LOL.  It can be used as a spread or a dip...it's really nutritious.

0 Kudos