cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorgy8513

Hanging out with Sharon

Thanks John for welcoming me and letting me know how to start.     

OK, I started a program called Nutrimost on the 1st of March.    It is intense for the first 3 stages, limited calories and using some of their supplements.    (also costly).      I'm done with the first 3 phases and will begin on Monday to add foods back to see what my body can tolerate.     In this 2nd phase there has been no sugar, no starch, no processed foods.   Didn't think I could do it, but I did.      Lost 25 lbs and 10.5 inches.     Feeling great and I notice my pain (fibromyalgia and arthritis) is much less...I've decreased pain meds.

Now I get to start adding foods while I keep within 2 lbs either way of my "set weight". Also many more calories.  I'm looking forward to some new veggies and fruits than I've had.

Yesterday was my first day with my Fitbit.    It not only tracks my steps (only 2847 on 1st day) and my sleep.      Today I add more steps.    Will increase each day until I get to my 10,000.

OK, I've rambled.     Thanks for listening.

This looks like this is the "EX site mentality with the healthy eating/exercise focus".   

I love it.

Sharon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
smorgy8513

I have been JUST BAD!     I'm eating food now but still supposed to be careful with starches, sugar, processed food.

I "cheated" a bit a couple of days ago and that seemed to open a flood gate!   The last 2 days cheated a bunch...even had a sweet roll from bakery when I went shopping yesterday.....had chocolate.......just a BAD, BAD GIRL!

So, today I'm up 1.6 lbs.......Today I'm back on track.....

Saw dr on Sat and will stay on Phase 4 for another week, then go to Phase 5 where I start adding starches and REAL sugar back "carefully".     I will decide in June if I'm going to do another round of this.

Why?   Why?   Why?

Because I'm a food addict, that's why!

Sharon

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I know what you mean about the flood gate.  If you allow yourself just 1, it doesn't stop there. Does this all sound familiar? If you dont have control now, don't do it. Also remember when you are on that strict of a diet and allowing those splurges, will confuse your body and will pack on even more lbs. Its not worth it right now. Learn to enjoy what you can eat and what you crave for, maybe convert the recipe for life that you can enjoy it and not feel guilty.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

I had sweet tooth yesterday and mixed some ricotta, a little whipping cream,  unsweetened cocoa powder, a little instant coffee granules, vanilla and packets of stevia. I did see a recipe for something familiar but i did my own thing. It tasted good and the texture reminded me that i was having a malt although not quite a malt. It helped that urge and i still stayed within the foods that i could eat.

0 Kudos
ShawnP

k, i am eating it right now. Tastes like a choc cheesecake. I wonder what taste i could generate if i add a little sour cream to it?

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Shawn, I'm going to try this.....

0 Kudos
ShawnP

Let me know what you think.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Hi Sharon, I kind of did the same thing over a week ago, kicking it off with a pizza. I did lose "my zone" and have been struggling to maintain some discilpline for the past week, but managed to finally close the flood gates.

Like quitting smoking, I feel better when I'm in my healthy zone. With eating, I think it's ok to wander sometimes, but not grossly, or for a long period of time. I hope you enjoyed your splurge but I also hope you are eager to kick start your healthy zone again.

For me, "JUICING" always helps me kickstart my plan again. If I can get another good start going, I'm betting you can too.

ROOTING FOR YA! Hip Hip HooRay! You've done awesome, awesome, awesome so don't get discouraged. It's an ongoing journey. 

0 Kudos

Sharon you can get back on track and listen to Shawn she is a cooking queen.  Image result for you can do this pictures

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

I'm doing ok.    Not counting calories, but not eating "bad" stuff!    Today will be a little difficult as I'm hosting an event in our apartment building and we are having CHEESECAKE!!!    I will eat 2 bites and then have the fresh fruit with it.

Yesterday I went over the 5,000 mark on my fitbit.     Hadn't planned on it, just busy.   Hope to get higher today.

Have a great one everybody!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

OK, ate the whole piece of cheesecake with the fruit (it was good!).

Decided that I'm being "careful" over the next few days and then on Monday (why is it always on a Monday) I am going back to strict eating for 1 week and see how I do.       

There also is a set of exercises that the program recommends when I am at the phase I am now...think I will try that.   Supposed to burn calories 9 times faster than regular cardio.

We'll see.

0 Kudos