cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to F&S Group

I know that faith and spirituality plays an important role in some members quit journeys, particularly those who have joined here in this group.  This group is here to ensure that people who choose to incorporate faith and spirituality into their quit journey can do so safely and openly amongst others who likely share similar beliefs instead of in the public areas.

Having a private group also gives me the ability as the Community Manager of EX to protect those who come here from others who might come to intentionally create conflict. Any member is permitted in this group so long as they're respectful to the beliefs of those in the group. Anyone not respecting other members of this group will be removed from the group and possibly the community entirely. 

To help me, in accordance with our community guidelines, please ensure that any posts that contain faith or spiritual based messaging be posted here rather than in public areas of the EX Community.

• This will help reduce the need for moving posts
  • It will reduce the likelihood that conflict will arise

Please note: While I am the owner of the group and an employee of Truth Initiative, I will not largely be participating other than to announce new members.

Now on to the fun stuff:

In order to get the group more acquainted with each other I ask you that you introduce yourself to the group and share how your faith and spirituality has impacted your quit journey in the comments below. 

• As new members request access I'll welcome them in this topic with an @mention so please say hello to them.
  • I also encourage you to invite others, when applicable, to  Faith & Spirituality - EX Community  Group as you see them posting around EX Community.
EX Community Admin Team
85 Replies

Yes! AMEN 🙏🏽 

@BRWQUEEN7  Haven't heard from you in awhile so just popping in to let you know I am thinking of you ❤️

I'm back, @SuzyQ411. extremely busy, but I'm back again and will continue to try and stop smoking again. Thank you for thinking of me.

BRWQUEEN7

Screenshot_20230312_084016_Bible.jpg

 Praise you Jesus right now, for being our Alpha and Omega! AMEN AND AMEN 🙏🏽 

Revelation 22:13 "  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

YOU ARE ALPHA AND OMEGA, LORD 

(Life Worship)

faith and spirituality. alpha and omega.jpg

Yessss! AMEN AND AMEN 🙏🏽 

BRWQUEEN7

Here's a little food for our soul. Remembering God will pull us through every challenge in our lives. Amen and Amen Praise you Jesus HALLELUJAH AMEN 🙏🏽 

Screenshot_20230316_050202_Bible.jpg

Faith and Spirituality. With God. All things possible..jpg

Faith and Spirituality. I can do all things. Phil 4.13.jpg

THE COMMON DENOMINATORS:

GOD'S LOVE FOR US

WE ARE BLESSED!

@BRWQUEEN7 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! When this group for Faith & Spirituality was created back in early March of this year, it was proposed as a private group to ensure a sense of personal safety from anyone who might wish to cause conflict.

However, as the EX Community Team has reviewed the activity in this group, we have begun to think that it might be acceptable to make the group public. We would not want to do so without first checking with those who are active here. Do you have any concerns or anxieties about us making this change?

We check the entire community regularly for issues and respond in a timely way, so we would move quickly in any case if anyone were intentionally trying to cause strife or mischief for you. Tell us what you think.

Todd, The EX Community Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Hello to Todd with @CommunityAdmin  and to @wpwwusncorpsman  and to others reading this post~

A few months back, I began trying to revitalize this group which had some degree of activity a few years back as evidenced by its archives. But it has been a painfully slow and frustrating process with only spotty and sporadic activity. 

As for me, I sought a "safe" place where I could freely share my Christian faith and testimony and to have the opportunity to interact with other EX family members of the same mind.  Of particular interest to me was the opportunity for a supportive  prayer group.

This F&S group had already been designated as a "closed" group. This was not surprising to me as I am aware that another non-smoking support group also has a Christian believer's group which is designated as closed, presumably for the same reasons that were stated above by Todd. (So it's not just the EX management who have seen the closed-group designation from the same perspective.)

To effectively revitalize our Faith and Spirituality forum and to help it become more vibrant, I have two thoughts :  First of all, I've come to sense that it needs someone other than me to be the "mainstay" since I appear to be failing at breathing life back into the group. And, I can visualize where opening up the group would offer more opportunity for others to interact and to become invested. I believe these two changes would be fundamental to revitalizing the group.

From my personal stand-point, however, should the group not remain Christian-specific, I strongly feel it would impose barriers to being fully open about common Biblical history, tenets, and one's personal connection to them. And so I would advocate for separate and specific F&S forums to represent varied faiths and perspectives within the open group framework.

I trust my input has been helpful and I still have hopes for this particular group to survive.