cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to F&S Group

I know that faith and spirituality plays an important role in some members quit journeys, particularly those who have joined here in this group.  This group is here to ensure that people who choose to incorporate faith and spirituality into their quit journey can do so safely and openly amongst others who likely share similar beliefs instead of in the public areas.

Having a private group also gives me the ability as the Community Manager of EX to protect those who come here from others who might come to intentionally create conflict. Any member is permitted in this group so long as they're respectful to the beliefs of those in the group. Anyone not respecting other members of this group will be removed from the group and possibly the community entirely. 

To help me, in accordance with our community guidelines, please ensure that any posts that contain faith or spiritual based messaging be posted here rather than in public areas of the EX Community.

• This will help reduce the need for moving posts
  • It will reduce the likelihood that conflict will arise

Please note: While I am the owner of the group and an employee of Truth Initiative, I will not largely be participating other than to announce new members.

Now on to the fun stuff:

In order to get the group more acquainted with each other I ask you that you introduce yourself to the group and share how your faith and spirituality has impacted your quit journey in the comments below. 

• As new members request access I'll welcome them in this topic with an @mention so please say hello to them.
  • I also encourage you to invite others, when applicable, to  Faith & Spirituality - EX Community  Group as you see them posting around EX Community.
EX Community Admin Team
85 Replies

@suzyq, it's been a moment by moment challenge. However, I'm taking it a second, a minute, a moment, and a day at a time. This is my 6 day staying quit. Clinging to our Father God, no matter what, to stay nicotine and smoke free. I believe 🙏🏽 

Thank you so much for your support,  truly appreciated it! 

@BRWQUEEN7 

number seven.jpg

Congratulations!

It's now DAY SEVEN for you!

❤️

So happy to celebrate one week cigarette-free with you! Good work! Stick with the plan! Keep moving forward! Not one puff ever (NOPE) no matter what! (NWM).

I honestly believe you want to become a forever non-smoker BUT you do have an issue with frequent relapses. So, I'm going to suggest the following: 

1. Lean on God's everlasting arms to pull you through. LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS  video

2. If you feel like you're ready to cave, pray for God's strength AND post for HELP on the EX instead of smoking.

3. Also, to safeguard your quit, do not hoard any cigarettes "just in case."

4. To learn from your frequent relapses, it would help you to write down what trigger led to your decision to smoke and to make a plan for what you will do next time it occurs in order to remain strong. 

5. Here's a great post on relapse prevention that should be helpful RELAPSE PREVENTION TOOLS   

6. And last- but certainly not least- prayerfully commit your quit to God.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! 

(I've also been thinking that you should go to your quit plan page and change your quit date so your success is being accurately reflected.)

❤️

Thank you so much SuzyQ, for your continuous support. Have a beautiful blessed day and coming week. Amen 🙏🏽

BRWQUEEN7

Screenshot_20230304_063457_Bible.jpg

 Amen and Amen 🙏🏽 

@BRWQUEEN7  Thanks for posting the fantastic assurance of the power of God in our lives. I researched this passage and found this great interpretation online:

" remember that the Lord of literally everything chose you to be His from before time began. He wrote your name in His book because He wants you. That Great God is for you."

How cool is that?

❤️

BRWQUEEN7

Happy Friday everyone. 

June-2021-Annual-Theme-ENG-620x300.jpg

@BRWQUEEN7  Love the uplifting meme you posted! Thanks! Wondering how your quit is coming along? Praying for your success.

Faith and Spirituality. With God. All things possible..jpg

❤️

Amen and Amen 🙏🏽

BRWQUEEN7

Resized_1678537303772_story_prayer_35488740040314.jpeg

 Praise you and Thank you Jesus HALLELUJAH AMEN,  for always showing up and showing out in my life. Amen 🙏🏽 

@BRWQUEEN7  My prayer for you is that you are leaning on Jesus to guide you along in your quit and this will be your forever quit!  ❤️

Faith&Spirituality. leaning on the everlasting arms.jpg

LEANING ON THE EVERLASTING ARMS