cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to F&S Group

I know that faith and spirituality plays an important role in some members quit journeys, particularly those who have joined here in this group.  This group is here to ensure that people who choose to incorporate faith and spirituality into their quit journey can do so safely and openly amongst others who likely share similar beliefs instead of in the public areas.

Having a private group also gives me the ability as the Community Manager of EX to protect those who come here from others who might come to intentionally create conflict. Any member is permitted in this group so long as they're respectful to the beliefs of those in the group. Anyone not respecting other members of this group will be removed from the group and possibly the community entirely. 

To help me, in accordance with our community guidelines, please ensure that any posts that contain faith or spiritual based messaging be posted here rather than in public areas of the EX Community.

• This will help reduce the need for moving posts
  • It will reduce the likelihood that conflict will arise

Please note: While I am the owner of the group and an employee of Truth Initiative, I will not largely be participating other than to announce new members.

Now on to the fun stuff:

In order to get the group more acquainted with each other I ask you that you introduce yourself to the group and share how your faith and spirituality has impacted your quit journey in the comments below. 

• As new members request access I'll welcome them in this topic with an @mention so please say hello to them.
  • I also encourage you to invite others, when applicable, to  Faith & Spirituality - EX Community  Group as you see them posting around EX Community.
EX Community Admin Team
85 Replies

I'm Weston, a Navy Corpsman veteran. I decided to quit for my young children to help avoid them getting any long term health problems from second hand smoke. I am Baptist and attend Celebrate Recovery which is a faith based Recovery group, and it has really helped me to stay quit. I pray that all in this group will be able to stay quit for their health and those around them.

Hello again @wpwwusncorpsman ( AKA Weston)! Welcome back to the site. And thanks so much for sharing your quit story with us. I remain impressed with your wanting to stop your kids' exposure to your 2nd hand smoke and with your active participation in your church's recovery group. I sincerely thank you for your prayers that we group members will achieve our goal to become permanently free of nicotine use. I'm hopeful you will now stop in on a regular basis to let us know how things are going for you and to also support your co-members by responding to their posts. God is good!

Gai.C

Hello my Name is Gail I Quit Smoking with the Help of Our Father.  On May 21 2017 Before  Bed Prayed  Ask God to take All Desire to smoke Away.  Just like I had Never Smoked. The next morning  May 22nd was my Quit day. I woke up put my patch

on. I was on a Non Smoking  Site much like this one. They were Like Family.  They Understood Because They All were Just like me an ADDICT.  Any time I needed Help there was Always  Someone There. That Evening  before bed I thanked God for 1 smoke free day. I wore 21mg. For 28 days. 14mg. 28 days. 7mg 2 weeks I had 1 patch carried it 2 days  on the 2nd Evening  threw it in the trash I Told God I wanted to Nicotine  out of me so No more patches not 1 craving.  I tried to Quit Before  but Never  Asked God for Help. I Promise U if U Give it to God he Will take it from u Permetaly. 

@Gai.C  How great to find you on the site! It looks like you are almost six years into your non-smoking life. How wonderful!! Your sharing of how you sked God to help you quit, asking him to " take All Desire to smoke Away.  Just like I had Never Smoked." is powerful. Your testimony to God's power in your addiction story is  blessing.

~Suzy 9 months free

@SuzyQ411  Congratulations on 9 months. To God Be The Glory. 

Yes @Gai.C . Praise God. I cannot do this without Him!

I just read your post and I've been on this site before I successfully hit 60 days 90 days and then 100 plus and then failed I'm back again but I'm very interested in the faith based I'm struggling with my faith. I didn't start even acknowledging God to much later in my life I just stupidly never considered God as our father I raised my kids  caught up in working paying bills I left a 45-year marriage from a malignant narcissist survived that and through the grace of God I'm able to communicate with him now and hash through things that happen in our marriage. Because of circumstances that I can only say that God must have had some intervention in it it allowed me to finally leave I'm presently sharing an apartment with my youngest son and another son lives a couple apartments down from us. Sorry for this long post but your post really caught my attention and the previous one as I feel everything should be turned over to God as I said just  these last few years  I've really opened my heart  & acknowledged that God is the creator of us it's hard we become of this world and it's demands and thinking we can handle everything and in the end I realize there's nothing I can really handle on my own. As of writing this I am still vaping. I bought my patches. Because I've been vaping most of this day I'm afraid that if I put the patch on now it may be too much nicotine that's going in me probably just an excuse to continue for today. But I know I need support this patch is going on me I'm going to start this journey again , any and all prayers would gladly be appreciated. I probably should start on the 28 mg but prior to this I had stayed on the 14 because I knew I could stay on it for 8 weeks as opposed to 4. Then the 7 mg patch for an additional four to six weeks. Sadly what seems to happen is I can succeed on the patches it's when it's time for it to come off I fail that's been five times this has happened. My doctor said it's better than smoking to keep the patch on but I do know that nicotine is an addiction through the patch and can cause more health problems than I already have. Smoking cost me dearly I have COPD because of it. And this addiction is so strong that even with COPD I go back to vaping I haven't smoked cigarettes for years , but it's not much different I took up vaping in place of the cigarettes I diluted myself thinking that oh this is better than cigarettes and it didn't help having my doctor saying the same thing. As an addict that's what we want to hear oh it's better I'm not smoking cigarettes and vaping the doctor thinks it's okay. Again sorry for this very long post but I'm putting my quit date 23 tomorrow. Any advice 

Tracey Decambra

I will be praying for your quit, and also for your living situation and family! Hope all is going well

Great to see you back @wpwwusncorpsman . I am so pleased to see that you have joined in with prayers for @Momoffivesons . As you can tell, she really wants to quit but is struggling.

I will soon be starting another prayer request post for our two new members , for me as I face heart surgery, and for a dear EX member who has just been told she has advanced lung cancer and will start chemo on Monday.

faith and spirituality. where two or three arae gathered.jpg

Hope you will join in prayer with us.

~ Suzy

I will be praying for peace, comfort, and complete healing for both of you. I was a hospital corpsman in the Navy and a LVN in California, so I know the toll both heart surgery and chemo can take on a person. I wish you both the best and speedy recoveries.