cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's cookin chefs ? What's for dinner tonight ?

Initial thought for title was what's cookin good lookin lol good old song , bad joke though . 

I used to be a really good cook , looked forward to it , but the years go by , and ya run out of ideas . The same old meat , potatoe , potato ,  veggie , vegee thing is getting old  and we have a new wave of keto , IF , plant based , sugar free , lactose free , sweetener free , vegan and the list goes on new lifestyle changes happening across the net .  So I want to try some new recipies . How bout you ? Quick n easy main dishes , healthy clean foods , one pot or two , freezable meals or not , no baking please lol . Sweets not allowed kinda meals . Breakfast lunch or dinner ideas and yup even snack ideas . 

So I plan on trying something new , to try one new recipe a week and I'll post it if it's good with a picture and directions and measurements , maybe even try to put together something new of my own creation .. see arts and crafty lol ha ! 

Looking forward to coming to this site to see what everyone will be cooking too . Hope everyone will post their unique ideas and recipies . Hint hint , favorited love chicken , blueberries , spicy food , very spicy food . also smoothie ideas , anyone have any ? Protein shakes? 

Not so favourites fish , so if anyone has  good fishy ideas we fish catchers only not eaters might try I know I would  love your  ideas as well . 

Now my biggest issue might be committment to do so , as I really don't cook as I should or as good as I used to anymore . I usually wing it in the moment more than plan it out , unless it's grocery week  but I'll do my best to remind myself . It will keep my mind sharp if I can force myself to remember lol . 

So far breakfast has been sunny boy 🙂 how simple is that lol . 

77 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Well it's leftovers tonight - that's OK - I like leftovers sometimes better than the original.  Tomorrow I am having a rare treat - going to eat at my sister's for an early Easter and my niece's birthday dinner.  I am making mac and cheese and green bean bundles.  The diet will be on hold for one day - lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cooked my Ham tonight for dinner tomorrows Easter dinner . By the time I did that I wasn't hungry for dinner tonight so I had celery with peanut butter and Strawberries . Saving room for tomorrow 🙂 

RainbowHeart

Chicken curry with basmati rice. I loooove curries of nearly every variety.

WhispersQSMB

Happy Easter Everyone. Hope you had a great day

WhispersQSMB_0-1617582635372.png

Cousin-Itt

Happy Easter

Had Ham Fresh String Beans and Cheesy Hash Browns  along with other fattening stuff If you look you can see the ham on the stove behind me

The best part of the day was I held my grandson for the first time in 14 months and the day got better as I was informed I have a new grandchild on the way

B Buck.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

First Congrats @Cousin-Itt  all kinds of good things happening on your post Carl . It brings tears of joy to my eye seeing you hold your precious grand baby and now another one on the way . How beautiful is that . Congrats to you , Joyce and family . 

You had my ham lol ! I wondered where mine went lol . I had Ham cooked and forgot to have it . Nothing too special for me tonight , but thankful and thank full . Plan was Ham , green beans and sweet potato . Instead it was a chicken ceasar salad . Tomorrow's dinner Ham lol . 

You've encouraged me to walk again . Good job . A packed post of great things. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhispersQSMB , your meals always look so delicious .. oh gosh ! Sooooo delicious!  Going to try that one . 

@RainbowHeart  I love curries as well and Dahls , subji , heck love it all ... although I've quit naan and parantha , roti . Staying away from flour as much as possible . Where did you learn to cook curry ? 

RainbowHeart

@Anonymous  I was lucky enough to spend 2 weeks in Mumbai and Pune in 1999. That gave me a love for Indian food of all kinds. I learned a bit while I was there, then bought a cookbook to bring home with me. I've even ground my own curry paste in the past but haven't been ingredients shopping in too long so lately I've just used store bought. It's still good, but not the same. The trouble is some of the ingredients are really hard to find. Next I want to learn to make samosas, YUM 😄

RainbowHeart

No ham here today. We had cod, corn on the cob, salad, various fruits and veggies, and a date for dessert

Daniela2016

We just finished baby mini potatoes boiled and then a little butter at the end, with a lamb leg roast (poked with garlic and bacon, and cooked for about 2 1/2 h), with a baby lettuce salad, and my daughter in law's favorite desert: only sugar, caramelized, and egg whites fluffed with sugar, cooked in the oven in a pan half filled with water.  I guess you can call it a caramel Soufflé, it was good.

Intermittent fast till noon tomorrow, then a lunch salad, that should take a little off the weight of the 2 meals we had today 🙂

Easter Eggs 2021Easter Eggs 2021