cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's cookin chefs ? What's for dinner tonight ?

Initial thought for title was what's cookin good lookin lol good old song , bad joke though . 

I used to be a really good cook , looked forward to it , but the years go by , and ya run out of ideas . The same old meat , potatoe , potato ,  veggie , vegee thing is getting old  and we have a new wave of keto , IF , plant based , sugar free , lactose free , sweetener free , vegan and the list goes on new lifestyle changes happening across the net .  So I want to try some new recipies . How bout you ? Quick n easy main dishes , healthy clean foods , one pot or two , freezable meals or not , no baking please lol . Sweets not allowed kinda meals . Breakfast lunch or dinner ideas and yup even snack ideas . 

So I plan on trying something new , to try one new recipe a week and I'll post it if it's good with a picture and directions and measurements , maybe even try to put together something new of my own creation .. see arts and crafty lol ha ! 

Looking forward to coming to this site to see what everyone will be cooking too . Hope everyone will post their unique ideas and recipies . Hint hint , favorited love chicken , blueberries , spicy food , very spicy food . also smoothie ideas , anyone have any ? Protein shakes? 

Not so favourites fish , so if anyone has  good fishy ideas we fish catchers only not eaters might try I know I would  love your  ideas as well . 

Now my biggest issue might be committment to do so , as I really don't cook as I should or as good as I used to anymore . I usually wing it in the moment more than plan it out , unless it's grocery week  but I'll do my best to remind myself . It will keep my mind sharp if I can force myself to remember lol . 

So far breakfast has been sunny boy 🙂 how simple is that lol . 

77 Replies
RainbowHeart

We had a roast with veggies and salad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was up at 4:30 a.m and had a turkey cooked by 8 a.m. Don't ask me why lol. 

I froze half and made turkey stew with the other half .  Tonight I had turkey stew and salad . It was worth it and btw no after dinner smoke and I could taste every mouth watering bite . 

Cousin-Itt

OK  I won't ask why 

It does sound great as I do like roasted turkey   

Spent the day out in the sun as we made up to 74 F today On the way back from the park we stopped and for carry out from our neighborhood Mexican Restaurant I had a Chili Relleno, a Enchilada, Rice and Beans

I'd rather have had some of your turkey

RainbowHeart

20210327_165602.jpg

 We had leftover roast, tamales, spinach, salad,and grapes 

Cousin-Itt

Fresh steamed green beans, baby potatoes, cottage ham and a bowl of chocolate pudding.   

Left overs for lunch tomorrow

WhispersQSMB

Today we had our Palm Sunday Dinner

WhispersQSMB_0-1616972263785.png

WhispersQSMB_1-1616972313876.png

WhispersQSMB_2-1616972429562.png

Happy Palm Sunday and Happy Passover to all

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love seeing those pictures of those absolutely delicious looking meals .  I am still working on the turkey stew and salad . I'll be done by Easter when I will cook a  ham instead of turkey . Perogies and cabbage rolls already made . 

Jennifer-Quit

Leftovers for me - that's OK - love to cook but not every day - 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still working on the first half of turkey , so I made a turkey quesadilla for dinner tonight . One more meal to go .. I love turkey .. so much you can do with it. 

On the grocery list more turkey . I will add a few more to the freezer to get through until Thanksgiving . 

What did everyone else have for dinner ? 

Cousin-Itt

Had breakfast tonight for dinner

2 Fried Eggs, Goetta,  Home Fries, a Slice of Wheat Toast and a Large Glass of Cranberry Juice  Enjoying a cup of tea now