cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever had a Monte Cristo?

If not, you should add it to your bucket list!

I know they make them at Disneyland, but, they're CLOSED.

disney monte cristo.jpg

It's like French toast

Stuffed with Turkey, Ham, and Cheese

Then, sealed by the egg batter

as it is griddled.

Usually served with strawberry jam.

I used to have this for breakfast when we played in Vegas.

Hey! You can make this yourself.

Add a dusting of powdered sugar and cut it diagonally before serving.

best nonte cristo.jpg

Smoking Is Not Required!

34 Replies
BobKatt22

They might bend you but they won’t break you, each and every bend just makes you stronger!!!

I figure it greases them so the blood flows easier.

Thesegoto11

My first and last one was at the Brown Derby restaurant in LA during a job interview.  Great meal; horrible employer.

indingrl

I hope you enjoy yours MY dear Dale

Bonnie

I first learned of this from my dad, who was a gourmet cook.  Made them once with him at home; currant jelly was his preference. This was before his quadruple bypass

Bonnie

YUM!  my favorite mom and pop diner took  it off their menu. Glad I indulged before they did.

meWisconsin

I found a place in Las Vegas last October that still makes them. Had one for lunch and it was great. Going back next year to have another one.

Terry

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

It has been just over 5 years ago

I enjoyed them the last time I was in Vegas  Went back to the same place the last 3 days we were there

Since I have extra time on my hands for some unknown reason.   I'll have to try and make a couple

Thanks Dale

sweetplt

Haven’t had one in years...but I agree so yummy and everyone should eat one at least once in their lifetime...~ Colleen 

YoungAtHeart

If I ate one of those I would probably not be able to eat anything else for about three days!  WOW - but it does look good!

Maybe I could just make 1/2?