cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbscloud

Why do I get long links when copying and pasting usernames/links on the site?

Jump to solution

When you copied an pasted a user name before their user name appeared,  now it's an Ex link.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud Are you copying the link or the actual username? If you're right clicking and copying the link and then pasting it it will give you the link.  Then you can left click on the link and you should see a pop up and there there should be 5 icons. The second from the right will be an italics A (Auto-title). Click it and it will fix your link.

You can also put in @ and it will show the people who are already participating in the post. If you want to Mention someone not in the post start typing their username and it will search and try to match the user and then you can click the right one from the list. It can also match on content so you can link a post from the site as well. It cannot match places so you'll need to copy and paste the link and then use the Auto-title  button as mentioned above to make long links look pretty.

Using Auto-Title to make links look prettyUsing Auto-Title to make links look pretty

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud Are you copying the link or the actual username? If you're right clicking and copying the link and then pasting it it will give you the link.  Then you can left click on the link and you should see a pop up and there there should be 5 icons. The second from the right will be an italics A (Auto-title). Click it and it will fix your link.

You can also put in @ and it will show the people who are already participating in the post. If you want to Mention someone not in the post start typing their username and it will search and try to match the user and then you can click the right one from the list. It can also match on content so you can link a post from the site as well. It cannot match places so you'll need to copy and paste the link and then use the Auto-title  button as mentioned above to make long links look pretty.

Using Auto-Title to make links look prettyUsing Auto-Title to make links look pretty

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Coping username like I did all the time. 

@Barbscloud   Right click.  Copy.  Place cursor at desired position.  Right click. Paste.  Result  @Barbscloud 

Understand I can search with @ sign. Could do before.    This was often the easiest and quickest way to insert a a username.   

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud wrote:

@Barbscloud   Right click.  Copy.  Place cursor at desired position.  Right click. Paste.  Result  @Barbscloud 

Understand I can search with @ sign. Could do before.    This was often the easiest and quickest way to insert a a username.  

@Barbscloud It's a different platform so things work a bit differently.  Maybe some day they will update it to work like Jive did but today it doesn't work like it did. 

Copying the username for me didn't work like it did on Jive as an @mention. I'll look to see if it actually works like an @mention when you copy the username and paste it in a reply.

Will do two replies now as a test.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud mention using the @ symbol. Should receive a notification

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud copying and pasting the username into a post. May not send a notification or be an actual @ mention

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

About Barbscloud - EX Community  Pasting link and then Auto-Titling the link. May not work as an @ mention.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos