Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Removing the spoiler tag

Jump to solution

It appears that the Spoiler Tag has been inserted into the post. The spoiler tag is a formating feature to "hide" a part of the post until the reader wants to read the punch line or see the answer. Essentially spoiling the answer. It appears that this button may have been pushed by @MarilynH and then the body of the post was typed in that section. I've included steps to remove the Spoiler tag once it has been inserted by accident. It can only be done via the HTML formatting as unclicking the Spoiler tag button does not remove the spoiler tag formatting.

Spoiler Tag Remova.gif
@MarilynH would you like me to fix your posts that have this issue or would you like to try to edit and fix them yourself?

Providing an example below of intended use of spoiler tag.

Joke: My brother and I let astrology get between us. Click below for the answer.

Spoiler
It Taurus apart.

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is an alternative way to remove the spoiler tag so you don't lose the text you posted in the spoiler section of a post. This can be done when editing or when initially composing the post if you insert the Spoiler tag by accident.

I entered a long response in this spoiler section. Notice the thin gray line around this portion of my post. Now watch what text I highlight in the html widget to remove to remove the Spoiler tag.

Spoiler Tag Removal.gif

<div class="lia-spoiler-container-editor"> was removed at the beginning.

and </div> was removed at the end of the text.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is an alternative way to remove the spoiler tag so you don't lose the text you posted in the spoiler section of a post. This can be done when editing or when initially composing the post if you insert the Spoiler tag by accident.

I entered a long response in this spoiler section. Notice the thin gray line around this portion of my post. Now watch what text I highlight in the html widget to remove to remove the Spoiler tag.

Spoiler Tag Removal.gif

<div class="lia-spoiler-container-editor"> was removed at the beginning.

and </div> was removed at the end of the text.

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

Thanks @CommunityAdmin for seeing this! I couldn't figure out how the spoiler thing happened it's only been on a few of my posts, I just thought it was something new that was happening lol! 😃 I would like it if you would fix my posts with this issue thank you very much. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MarilynH It was @YoungAtHeart who pointed it out. 

It will happen whenever you click the triangle icon with the ! in the center. I know it looks like an A so that is why we moved it to the last button in the toolbar. It is not to be confused with the A icon for changing color or the font picker. I assume maybe you thought you were clicking the font color button but clicked the spoiler tag on accident. 

Text Color Icon
Mark_3-1652219218397.png
Font Picker Icon
Mark_2-1652219194595.png
 Spoiler Tag Icon
Mark_4-1652219246453.png

It's pretty easy to fix if you watch the animated gif images above should you encounter it in the future.

EX Community Admin Team
MarilynH

Thanks @CommunityAdmin yes I see now that it was Nancy thanks @YoungAtHeart for doing the mention for Mark, I'm guessing that something else is happening where I'm not able to post pictures! I sent you a a private message and wanted to send you a screenshot but I'm not able to! 

0 Kudos