cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture, Video Or Quote Section?

Jump to solution

I posted a music video last week and was called out for not posting it in the right place. The problem was, I saw no place to post a music video and I still don't see a pointer on the front page. So is there still a place to post Pictures Videos and Quotes?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dale , if you go to the top left of the page... beside Ex  you will find three lines .. click on it . go to groups , and scroll down . About  three quarters down you will see pictures videos and quotes , click on that ,  it should take you there . 

Hope that helps . 

View solution in original post

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem 

Great question.  You can embed videos in  Music - EX Community  if they're Music related or  Pictures, Quotes & Videos - EX Community  if they're more general in nature. Since videos likely contain copyrighted content embedding is the way to go. Click the video icon to start embedding.

There is a 5MB limit on attachments so uploading videos is not recommended. We do recommend you upload your video to YouTube or another supported video platform and then embed it on EX. YouTube does allow you to post unlisted videos if you prefer to keep them more private on your channel.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dale , if you go to the top left of the page... beside Ex  you will find three lines .. click on it . go to groups , and scroll down . About  three quarters down you will see pictures videos and quotes , click on that ,  it should take you there . 

Hope that helps . 

Thanks.

I got there and couldn't figure out how to post and finally realized I had to join the group hub.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem Sure thing. Yes, Groups Hubs on Khoros require memberships even if they're open groups. Different from Jive in that way.  Once you join, you should be good to go. 😁

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

So no one else ever knows you posted anything except the members of that group?

Sounds like a dead end. You're posting things no one will ever see.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem wrote:

So no one else ever knows you posted anything except the members of that group?

Sounds like a dead end. You're posting things no one will ever see.

Even guests can see the content of Public Groups. They just can't comment until they are a member of the site and have joined the group as well. 

Navigating to Public Group as a GuestNavigating to Public Group as a Guest

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JonesCarpeDiem 

Great question.  You can embed videos in  Music - EX Community  if they're Music related or  Pictures, Quotes & Videos - EX Community  if they're more general in nature. Since videos likely contain copyrighted content embedding is the way to go. Click the video icon to start embedding.

There is a 5MB limit on attachments so uploading videos is not recommended. We do recommend you upload your video to YouTube or another supported video platform and then embed it on EX. YouTube does allow you to post unlisted videos if you prefer to keep them more private on your channel.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos