cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbscloud

Lost Blog Comment post again

Jump to solution

Just lost an entire post again.  The message that came said something about not being able to access an article which I wasn't doing.

In our Goodbye Letter post.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I got word back that what i suspected happened likely happened and at this time it is behaving as expected.  You had begun to compose a response to something I had moved to a different area.  I’m sorry the response was lost.  It wasn’t intended.  Apparently when a post changes from one content type to another (journal to discussion or discussion to journal ) draft comments/replies that are created as a response are not saved if the parent content is moved another content board.  They apologized as well as it wasn’t a scenario that was accounted for. Possibly it could be fixed in the future but as I said it’s kind of a perfect storm.  

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud I'll see if I can locate the draft.  I had moved the Goodbye Letter post earlier today and I wonder if that somehow had something to do with it. Possibly you had begun composing a reply while I was moving it.  My apologies if it did as it sounds like it could have been a perfect storm.

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I got word back that what i suspected happened likely happened and at this time it is behaving as expected.  You had begun to compose a response to something I had moved to a different area.  I’m sorry the response was lost.  It wasn’t intended.  Apparently when a post changes from one content type to another (journal to discussion or discussion to journal ) draft comments/replies that are created as a response are not saved if the parent content is moved another content board.  They apologized as well as it wasn’t a scenario that was accounted for. Possibly it could be fixed in the future but as I said it’s kind of a perfect storm.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos