cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jennifer-Quit

How do I turn on pagination so that I can skip pages to the end of a thread/topic?

Jump to solution

Not my words - edited by Mark 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

There used to be a way to get to the last page of comments on blogs with many pages of comments such as Jackie's Lets get moving blog. 

I'm confused. There is a Discussion Topic in the Exercise group but there isn't a blog that I'm aware of. 

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

I can't seem to do that any longer - perhaps it changed when you sent me a link @CommunityAdmin to change my views?  Anyway, if that is the case, I need a link to change it back please. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Community-Help-Discussions/Respond-to-a-comment/m-p/1922902/hi... this is the only post I can think of that might relate to what you're talking about.  

You need to change the sort order to linear at the group level via the 3 dots menu on group forum board page (Example:  Exercise & Fitness - EX Community ) if you just want one group to change or in your settings for the whole community.

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

Also, I cannot seem to @mention @CommunityAdmin any longer?

You mentioned me twice. Seems to work 🙂 If you've left your computer sit a while and it auto-logs out you won't be able to mention anyone until you refresh the page so it starts a new active session.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

There used to be a way to get to the last page of comments on blogs with many pages of comments such as Jackie's Lets get moving blog. 

I'm confused. There is a Discussion Topic in the Exercise group but there isn't a blog that I'm aware of. 

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

I can't seem to do that any longer - perhaps it changed when you sent me a link @CommunityAdmin to change my views?  Anyway, if that is the case, I need a link to change it back please. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Community-Help-Discussions/Respond-to-a-comment/m-p/1922902/hi... this is the only post I can think of that might relate to what you're talking about.  

You need to change the sort order to linear at the group level via the 3 dots menu on group forum board page (Example:  Exercise & Fitness - EX Community ) if you just want one group to change or in your settings for the whole community.

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

Also, I cannot seem to @mention @CommunityAdmin any longer?

You mentioned me twice. Seems to work 🙂 If you've left your computer sit a while and it auto-logs out you won't be able to mention anyone until you refresh the page so it starts a new active session.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

xxx

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

Nope it did not work when I completed my discussion/question/blog - whatever you want to call it today.....I am not that dumb.....

It can appear you’re logged in because your avatar shows in the upper right still but @mentioning stops working, which is a symptom of you possibly being logged out.  I don’t think you’re dumb as it happens to me from time to time.  Just wanted to mention it as something to consider.  

What didn’t work, where? I’m not following.  Link please to post where mention didn’t work. 

Mentioning me worked in the post above as I got the notification.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

AGAIN I WAS NOT LOGGED OUT!!!!! AND THE @ MENTION DID NOT WORK - QUIT CALLINGT ME A LIER.  DELETE THIS "TOPIC DISCUSSION" AS I HAVE REQUESTED

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

x

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

So I can be logged out and post a discussion topic/blog/journal but not @mention you?

@Jennifer-Quit No. I was trying to explain that if you leave your computer for a while and then begin a reply that you will be able to compose the reply but won't be able to post it. A symptom that you're not logged in will be that @mentions will not work while you're composing and then when you post it will give an error that there is a mis-matched ticket authentication. There have been a couple times that @mentioning long usernames has not worked for me until I had the full username or all but one letter of the username. I haven't seen it with short usernames though.

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

I tried to @mention you twice - and it did not generate a list for me to choose who I wanted to @mention.  It appears to be working now -but was not this afternoon

Odd. I'll do some testing with a test account and see if I can mention this account successfully. Were there other people you were trying to mention as well that weren't producing a list?

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

l know that you edited my post to make it appear that is was working...again I am not that stupid.  I was only trying to be helpful but feel no need to be part of a group whose leader thrives on trying to make people feel stupid. 

Edit history for the root postEdit history for the root post

That is not true. I haven't edited your post. Here you can see the edit history (image above, click to enlarge). You are the only one who has done anything with this post since you created it. As you can see the two @mentions were successful (they're links) the first time you posted this discussion topic.  I do put a comment and the author is notified when I edit posts, for transparency. On occasion when posts get put in  Community Help Discussions - EX Community  on accident by new users I may move them to  Journals / Blogs - EX Community  , Support - EX Community  ,  Quitting Methods - EX Community   or  Health Conditions - EX Community  so that they're in the appropriate place if the content is related to quitting without notifying and commenting the author of the post. I'm simply moving the post in this case and not editing the content. 

Transparency and credibility with the community is really important to me. I'm here as your advocate. Also understanding a member's issue and helping to arrive at a solution quickly is important to me. Sometimes it can be difficult to understand the issue with minimal details or the terminology is uncertain. That is why I wanted to understand if you were talking about Journal Articles (Mark_1-1631284882997.png) or Discussion Topics (Mark_2-1631284925909.png). I prefer to understand and get clarification rather than guess before investigating to ensure that I'm on the correct path.

My intention is never to make anyone feel stupid. I'm sorry you felt that way. I'm here to be helpful. Understand user issues, ask questions and find solutions to problems that arise.  Based on what I saw there wasn't an issue and it was successful in this topic, but if there are other posts that it wasn't, please let me know. I haven't edited any of your posts that I can remember. 

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

I did change my settings and I can now go to the last page of Jackie's "Discussion Topic" without going through 500 plus pages to get to the end - so go ahead and mark your answer as correct and thank you for your help.

Glad that worked! I am surprised that Threaded view doesn't have pagination like Linear does. I'll see if there is a setting that allows it instead of the "load more comments" option that appears. Sounds as though that might be your preferred view if it was available?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

@CommunityAdmin WROTE:

That is not true. I haven't edited your post.

WELL HOW THE HELL DID THE TITLE GET CHANGED.  PLEASE DELETE THIS ENTIRE THREAD AS IT IS NOT MY WORDS!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

x

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jennifer-Quit wrote:

No worries Mark - I will not be needing the feature to @ mention you in the future.  

I'll always be here if you do need assistance in the future. If you post here in  Community Help Discussions - EX Community   I am notified even if you don't mention me.

I looked to see if I could find any posts that you had made in the last week that weren't mentions but had my name and didn't find any. If you encounter it again please let me know so I can look into it. 

Have a great weekend!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos