cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anitaredmond

Can I slow the daily check-in text messages until my quit date?

Jump to solution

good morning.

I changed my original quit date, due to suggestions here. but I am receiving daily text on how I am doing, how do I stop these text messages to reflect my new quit date.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anitaredmond It's working as intended based on when you started the text messages and doesn't adjust the frequency currently based on your adjusted quit date.  I appreciate the feedback though and will pass it on for review by my team who manages the text messages.

I see you've received one daily check-in so far. It will instruct you how to respond daily. If you're able to do some test quits sooner than your quit date, great. If not you can respond with your usage behavior daily until you do. 

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anitaredmond wrote:

good morning.

I changed my original quit date, due to suggestions here. but I am receiving daily text on how I am doing, how do I stop these text messages to reflect my new quit date.

I'll take a look and see what might be happening. Thanks for posting your issue.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anitaredmond It's working as intended based on when you started the text messages and doesn't adjust the frequency currently based on your adjusted quit date.  I appreciate the feedback though and will pass it on for review by my team who manages the text messages.

I see you've received one daily check-in so far. It will instruct you how to respond daily. If you're able to do some test quits sooner than your quit date, great. If not you can respond with your usage behavior daily until you do. 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Becky01

Hi Mark!
Is there anyway to receive fewer texts?  I’m in my first few weeks of quitting.  I am doing well.  It seems when I get a text it triggers thinking about smoking where if I didn’t get the text I would not of thought about it.   I think the website is great but I don’t want to be triggered by the texts.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Kimshine

@CommunityAdmin I didn't know if you saw Becky's comment to you.😊

@Becky01 The texts triggered me also. We are all so different. I know others like receiving them.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Becky01 wrote:

Hi Mark!
Is there anyway to receive fewer texts?  I’m in my first few weeks of quitting.  I am doing well.  It seems when I get a text it triggers thinking about smoking where if I didn’t get the text I would not of thought about it.   I think the website is great but I don’t want to be triggered by the texts.  Thanks!

As mentioned above ( Solved: Re: Can I slow the daily check-in text messages un... - EX Community) there isn't a way to adjust the frequency of the text messages currently. I've provided the feedback to our product team though to see how it might be adjusted in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback. I apologize that it's triggering to you right now.  Please note that they're more frequent initially and then taper off and are less frequent.  

EX Community Admin Team
Becky01

I like getting them.  Just would like them a little less frequent.  I’m doing so well this time and so far so good!

Chev702

I dont care for it so much i havent even hit my quit date and i am getting messages about if i used and not to use. Holy cow i just started give me a chance to work through it.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chev702 wrote:

I dont care for it so much i havent even hit my quit date and i am getting messages about if i used and not to use. Holy cow i just started give me a chance to work through it.

@Chev702  Thanks for the feedback. Some people have set quit dates a bit out and then end up quitting earlier than their set quit date. The daily check-ins help to record if this happens and adjusts the quit date if the person is able to quit sooner. Sorry it's a bit too frequent for you.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos