cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

There are currently only 72 categories of badges available, it seems.  Surely the site can get it up to 100?  

Suggestion - it would be nice to see who has the same rankings.  I see, for example that in one category there are six who have "earned" that ranking.  Who those six are, might be interesting  to know, perhaps to communicate with.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia 

Yes, you've received 72 of the available badges currently however there are more than that. I don't remember off hand how many I currently have loaded but I do know that there are some people who have more than 72. I found MarilynH for instance. I don't believe that Khoros gives a way for people to see who else has earned the same badge but I'll look into that to see what's possible.

Please note that some of the lower badges show before you earn them so you know what you're working towards but some of the higher badges do not appear until they are earned. We don't have a ranking system on the community and no extra abilities are earned on the community based on the time spent on the site, length of membership or amount of content posted because of the feedback received previously about the expert badging. We've intentionally kept things flat in this regard. The badges merely highlight participation milestones. They're not a representation of quality of content. 

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Giulia 

Yes, you've received 72 of the available badges currently however there are more than that. I don't remember off hand how many I currently have loaded but I do know that there are some people who have more than 72. I found MarilynH for instance. I don't believe that Khoros gives a way for people to see who else has earned the same badge but I'll look into that to see what's possible.

Please note that some of the lower badges show before you earn them so you know what you're working towards but some of the higher badges do not appear until they are earned. We don't have a ranking system on the community and no extra abilities are earned on the community based on the time spent on the site, length of membership or amount of content posted because of the feedback received previously about the expert badging. We've intentionally kept things flat in this regard. The badges merely highlight participation milestones. They're not a representation of quality of content. 

EX Community Admin Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never looked at my badges or others here on the new Ex . They don't interest me actually . I'm wondering if newcomers do and how they see it as helpful to them . Perhaps they will weigh in and comment .

On the old site I felt that system would have helpful for newcomers to reach and achieve small goals in their own personal journey . I did not use that feature there either , but I think as a newcomer it would have pushed me in the same way as quitnet did with small goals effective in maintaining a quit . 

A ranking system though or a tool one could use to choose who to communicate with on Ex would never have crossed my mind . 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous Thanks for the feedback. The systems are a bit different in their approach. Jive was a bit more focused on doing a series of tasks to complete a quest. Or repeat certain actions to increase in your levels. Also earn points and level up. Khoros isn't point focused.  Yes, some people are motivated by gamification and others are not. If you are, great, if not, that's fine too.

Hopefully the little messages are small recognition of people's actions here, especially newcomers to motivate them in a small way to come back. They come a little more frequently to start and then happen less frequently the longer you're here. Perhaps we will add other badges in the future but for now we're going to heed the feedback we've gotten previously about not providing badges that would assign a feeling of expertise in ways that may feel arbitrary.

I do miss the badges that users could award others. To say thanks, hello, Happy birthday and other things. That was something neat that Jive offered even if no points were given.  Unfortunately it's not something that Khoros will likely offer.

EX Community Admin Team