cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbscloud

Album Photos: Can you delete images?

Jump to solution

Mark, can you delete photos from your album.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can go to your album (Barbscloud) or all images (Barbscloud) and then click the X in the upper right of each image. Please be aware there may be Pencils or Conversation bubbles in the upper right corner along with the X to indicate where the image appears on the site so you can see it in context before you delete it. There will be a confirmation page likely if you do choose to remove. 

If those images are used in posts it could create some confusion if they're removed. I don't know what happens to the posts that contain those images. Perhaps a box with red X or another placeholder is left in the place after the image is removed to indicate a picture used to be there. I'll try to test later today.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can go to your album (Barbscloud) or all images (Barbscloud) and then click the X in the upper right of each image. Please be aware there may be Pencils or Conversation bubbles in the upper right corner along with the X to indicate where the image appears on the site so you can see it in context before you delete it. There will be a confirmation page likely if you do choose to remove. 

If those images are used in posts it could create some confusion if they're removed. I don't know what happens to the posts that contain those images. Perhaps a box with red X or another placeholder is left in the place after the image is removed to indicate a picture used to be there. I'll try to test later today.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Thanks

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@CommunityAdmin Did you ever have a chance to look it this?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud Yes sorry. It does leave a placeholder image if you remove the image. There is an indicator that a picture was previously in the post. I'll try to do one now so you can see what it looks like.

Journal Article.png

Only an X, likely indicating that the content is not in any posts on the site and is just an uploaded image.Only an X, likely indicating that the content is not in any posts on the site and is just an uploaded image.
X and a Discussion icon. Indicating the content is likely part of some posted content on the site and removing it would cause a placeholder image to appear if deleted.X and a Discussion icon. Indicating the content is likely part of some posted content on the site and removing it would cause a placeholder image to appear if deleted.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Hmm....   I would like to delete some of these.  There are a lot at this point.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud wrote:

Hmm....   I would like to delete some of these.  There are a lot at this point.

There isn't a need really as you don't have a limited memory storage here on EX Community. 

If you do choose to remove images it would be better if you only removed ones that have only the X (see below in red box).
Only an X, likely indicating that the content is not in any posts on the site and is just an uploaded image.Only an X, likely indicating that the content is not in any posts on the site and is just an uploaded image.

If you remove the ones that have a second icon (see below in orange box) there are additional detrimental effects.

X and a Discussion icon. Indicating the content is likely part of some posted content on the site and removing it would cause a placeholder image to appear if deleted.X and a Discussion icon. Indicating the content is likely part of some posted content on the site and removing it would cause a placeholder image to appear if deleted.

Then we'll see posts from you that have (see below). People will wonder where the image went and wonder what the image was.

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

Wasn't worried about storage.   If you want to use saved photos on the Ex you have to scroll through them all and some are repeated.   Even the screen prints I sent to you are included there.  It's just time consuming scrolling through them all.  Especially when there are some you'll probably never use again.   Was just trying to save time.

If I'm missing something let me know.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud  Thanks for the context.  That helps a lot.

Feel free to go ahead and delete any of the ones with just the x.  I do see what you mean by duplicates.  The ones that have a pencil (journals) or chat bubbles (discussion) shouldn't be deleted.  The screenshots are valuable to others, especially in community help, if someone were to be having an issue with the site, they give context to what you were experiencing and then hopefully my response to those posts helps to resolve if a bug or provides the reasoning behind why the site acts the way it does. I think it would be confusing if you removed those screenshots. 

I'll check with Khoros to see if there is a way to better organize images into folder that are more likely to be used only one time vs ones that may be re-used.

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Barbscloud I wouldn't advise deleting any picture with a date of 3-15-21 however. Those are imported images from Jive and even though they don't have a chat bubble or a pencil icon with them. I'm pretty sure they would remove the image in the post where you added an image if you were to delete them. I'm not sure what would happen with those posts. I'm guessing there might just be a blank white space or possibly the same placeholder image. 

Looks as though you should be able to delete some things up to page 12.

EX Community Admin Team