cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PastTense

Accept as solution

Jump to solution

I posted yesterday about my angst in gaining weight while quitting smoking.

The responses to the post all included a button to "Accept as a Solution".

Anybody know what this is about?  Does this appear on all posts to Support?

I wasn't asking a question yesterday, so there was no "solution" to be had.

It could be that I am posting in the wrong area.  Is this the right place to hang out, post, and not smoke?

Keep the Quit
PT
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PastTense 

I moved this to the appropriate area of the community.

The Accept as Solution buttons will appear on all Forum Discussion Topics for the Author of the Topic. You won't see it unless you author a Discussion Topic.

Additionally, by default reminder notification  will be sent out 7 days after a Discussion Topic is posted if a reply/comment isn't Accepted as a Solution. It is only sent out for Forum Discussion Topics (Blue icon below, content posted in Support, Health Conditions, Quitting Methods, Community Help and all Group Hubs). Journal / Blog Articles (Green icon below) do not receive this type of automated reminder message.

At this time there is no way to indicate when you create a Discussion post that it is not a question. This automated message goes out so that when people get an answer via email that they return to the site and mark it as answered. I empathize with you that this is less than ideal as not all posts will be questions. If they offer an option to indicate the difference between Questions and Discussions I'll definitely enable it so that when people create posts they can classify their post so that these notifications don't go out if it is not a question. 

Journals / Blogs (Green Pencil), Discussions (Blue Chat Bubbles)Journals / Blogs (Green Pencil), Discussions (Blue Chat Bubbles)

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PastTense 

I moved this to the appropriate area of the community.

The Accept as Solution buttons will appear on all Forum Discussion Topics for the Author of the Topic. You won't see it unless you author a Discussion Topic.

Additionally, by default reminder notification  will be sent out 7 days after a Discussion Topic is posted if a reply/comment isn't Accepted as a Solution. It is only sent out for Forum Discussion Topics (Blue icon below, content posted in Support, Health Conditions, Quitting Methods, Community Help and all Group Hubs). Journal / Blog Articles (Green icon below) do not receive this type of automated reminder message.

At this time there is no way to indicate when you create a Discussion post that it is not a question. This automated message goes out so that when people get an answer via email that they return to the site and mark it as answered. I empathize with you that this is less than ideal as not all posts will be questions. If they offer an option to indicate the difference between Questions and Discussions I'll definitely enable it so that when people create posts they can classify their post so that these notifications don't go out if it is not a question. 

Journals / Blogs (Green Pencil), Discussions (Blue Chat Bubbles)Journals / Blogs (Green Pencil), Discussions (Blue Chat Bubbles)

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos