cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

September 2013 Daily Pledge -- Our Quits Are a Labor of Love!

Good Morning Everyone!  It's the first day of September and we're here to celebrate our growing love for ourselves and our quits by continuing to pledge.  I'm commit to remaining nicotince-free for another day and I hold out my hand to the next person ready, eager and willing to pledge their freedom...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
144 Replies
kathy_ryz

Good Morning All! This group has really helped me and am thrilled to welcome Candy! Sheryl, I proudly accept your hand as I pledge to remain nicotine free today. I extend my hand to help the next person will to pledge freedom!

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone!  Thanks for the hand Kathy.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens.  My hand is out in friendship & support to the next winner who also chooses smobriety today. Enjoy your Friday!   Patty d444

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Thanks for the hand Patti!    Kathy, congrats on 80!!    I pledge that I will not smoke today and I offer my hand out to the next person who wants this for their life!

Sharon 46 days

0 Kudos
Leeza

Sharon thank you ever so much for your hand and passing down the collective strength of this group to me which I really need now.  Although some current events are somewhat unsettling, I know that smoking won't change a darn thing.  So I recommit and honor my pledge to remain smoke free.  I offer my free hand to the nEXt EXer waiting in line to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning All!  Leeza, that would be me.  It's good to know that you're continuing to come here and pledge even when the going gets rough -- the mark of a committed quitter!  I gratefully take you hand and pledge that for this day I will remain nicotine-free (I'd better -- I need all the oxygen I can get for the 5K walk I'm doing).  I hold out my free hand and our support to the next winner ready to pledge...

0 Kudos
candylance

Good morning, Sheryl, I would like to make my pledge to remain smokefree for the next twenty-four hours. I, gratefully, take your hand and hold out my remaining hand to the next person who wants to pledge.............

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Welcome, Candylance, to a great group! I thankfully accept your hand of determination as I pledge to remain nicotine free today! I offer my hand to the next Pledger in line...

0 Kudos

I'm coming, I'm coming ---    Enjoy your 5K Sheryl!  So happy to see you here again Candy!  Good Morning Everyone!  Thanks for your hand Kathy.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens in my life.  My hand is out for the next winner who also chooses smobriety.  Patty d445

0 Kudos
candylance

I'm here. It's 5 AM and I've been up since 3. Enjoy your 5K, Sheryl. Thanks for your hand, Patty. I pledge another day of smobriety. I would like to offer my hand to the next person who pledges, and I'll go feed my dogs before they worry me to death. Better than dying from sickerettes. Love y'all.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning everyone!  Candylance, I'm also up early -- probably because I fell asleep early last night after the walk -- almost 4 miles what with walking from the train station.  In any event, it's another day, the first day of autumn and I am pleased and proud to take your hand and pledge another day without nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our support to the next person ready to pledge their freedom.  The seasons change, but we are constant in our quitting!

0 Kudos