cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

November 2013 Daily Pledge -- We're Truly Thankful To Be Smoke-free!

I know we have some early risers in the group, so I set this up beforehand. Be proud of yourselves and pledge away!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
228 Replies
smorgy8513

Morning Peeps!    Cold out today, but then it is November in Minnesota....Kathy, I will gladly take your hand, pledge that I will not smoke today, offer my other hand out to the next in line.      This smoke free thing is GOOD!!!!      Sharon

0 Kudos
cory-3-10-13

Happy Friday, all right! I'm trying to get through some "cleansing emotions" today, so it is important for me to be vigilant about keeping my quit. Thank you for your hand Sharon, as I take it I want to remind myself that smoking will never and has never taken any of my problems or stress away, it would only add some heaping spoonfuls of guilt and shame on my existing stress sundae...so with that in mind I am strong in my commitment to STAY FREE of nicotine today, no matter what else happens. This is my choice and I choose freedom! I hold my hand out for the next EXer who is coming to fortify their own personal freedom.

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone.  Thanks Cory -- I've got your hand -- hold tight as mine is strong!  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens to me.  I offer my hand in support to the next winner who also chooses their smobriety.  Patty d493

0 Kudos
Leeza

Good afternoon to one and all.  Although I had difficulties getting my new smoke free life started, I am so happy that I made the right, healthy decision to put cigarettes in the past.  I now really smell the smoke on people when the pass me.  Gee I use to stink like that too only I was too stuffed up to smell it.  Now I breathe and smell better and am so thankful for that.  So I will honor my commitment to myself to remain smoke free for today as I take take Patty's hand.  I extend my free hand and the strength and support of this group to the next person waiting to make their pledge.

Leeza - living a smoke-free life one day at a time (ODAT) for 398 days!

0 Kudos
debra

Hello my friend 🙂 I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke No Matter What! for the next 24 hours! I extend my other hand to the next person ready to pledge-----

0 Kudos
candylance

Good mornnnning, everyone!! It's 1 AM and I promise, Ladybug, I'll go back to bed after this. I'm EXtending my hand to Debra and pledging NOT to smoke for the nEXt 24 hours no matter what may happen in my life. I EXtend my free hand to the nEXt pledger in line.................Candy♥,  d60  YAY!! I made it!!

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  Candy, I take your hand to pledge that I will not use any nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and our support to the next person who is ready to make their pledge.  No matter how early or late in our quits, we're all winners!  Congratulations Candy on making 60 days!

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning, Sheryl! Thanks for your hand, which I gladly grasp pledging to remain nicotine free today. I extend my hand to the next person willing to do the same! Congratulations Candy!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning Kathy.  You and I must be on the same schedule as I follow you so often on here.  It's working so I'll keep right on doing it.    Congrats to all this morning.  Candy, 60 is great!      Sheryl has a big one coming up....who else?     Leeza, almost 400!     We are really a bunch of winners!     Hooray for us!     I take your hand Kathy and promise that I will not smoke today....NOPE.....my other hand out to the next quitter in line!    Sharon

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone!  Congrats Candy on 60 days (& counting)!!!  Thanks for your hand Sharon.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens to me.  My hand is out in support  of the next winner who comes along who also chooses to pledge their smobriety.  Patty d494

0 Kudos