cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

November 2013 Daily Pledge -- We're Truly Thankful To Be Smoke-free!

I know we have some early risers in the group, so I set this up beforehand. Be proud of yourselves and pledge away!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
228 Replies

Good Morning Everyone!  I'm happy to take the hands of Candy & Cory in this link of strength & fellowship.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens to me.  I offer my hand to the next winner who also chooses to pledge their smobriety.  Enjoy your day!  Patty d491

0 Kudos
Leeza

Patty I gratefully take your hand and appreciate your support, kindness and prayers.  I recommit to remain smoke free today because there is nothing good that comes from putting a cigarette to my lips.  I EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EXer who comes here to make their pledge.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

0 Kudos
candylance

Good morning, everyone!! I gratefully take Leeza's hand and recommit to another 24 hours of smobriety NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO ME. I had to take a break from a movie last night there was so much smoking in it. A crave came out of nowhere but then I'm in No Mans Land and am being cautious. Hubby understood, I think. Anyway, I extend my free hand to the next winner in this ritual to keep our quits! We will beat old Nicodemon.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Folks!  Candy, I can relate to your feelings about smoking in movies.  In the early days of my quit smoking actors bothered me, too.  Now the only question I have is whether they smoke in their real lives or are they constantly quitting and starting up.  I don't think I'd want to even pretend to smoke anymore.  That being said, I'm here to take your hand Candy, and pledge another day of freedom from nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge their freedom...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Thank you, Sheryl, for your hand. I gratefully accept it as I pledge to remain nicotine free today. You are way the pillar of strength! I see you are a few days from celebrating your 5 year anniversary! Hope you're planning a great celebration! I extend my hand to the next person in line. Have a great day, All!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning Everyone.   So, here we are on page 2 and it is only the 7th of the month....can you say "another record breaker"?    Much better in breaking these kind of records (like Sheryl's 5 year coming up) than some other ones that could be related to poor health and early death due to smoking!         Kathy, I take your hand and gratefully pledge that I will not smoke today....NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!     My other hand out to the next in line!     

0 Kudos

Good Morning Everyone!  Thanks for your hand Sharon.  I pledge not to smoke today no matter what happens to me.  My hand is out in support to the next winner who also chooses to pledge their smobriety today.  Rock  n roll everyone!  Patty d492

0 Kudos
candylance

Oh, I get to take Patty"s hand. How very nice!! I pledge to go 24 hours w/o smoking no matter what happens in my life. I extend my free hand to the next pledger. Think I'll try to sleep a little more seeing as it's 2 AM. Sleep issues still but I won't smoke over it. Have a great Friday!! Candy♥  d59

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  I'm thankful it's Friday and that I have some down time AND that I continue to be nicotine-free.  Candy, I'll gently take your hand (so as not to wake you) and pledge to continue to be nicotine-free.  I hold out my other hand and our support to the next Pledger looking to end the week on a note of freedom...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Happy Friday Everyone! I thankfully take your hand, Sheryl, as I pledge to remain nicotine free today. In turn, I extend my other hand to anyone willing. To pledge this as a day of freedom!

0 Kudos