cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

July 2013 Daily Pledge -- Declaring Our Independence From Smoking!

Good Morning Everyone!  On this first day of July I'm here to pledge that I will not use any form of nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

NOTICE: The EX Community is going to have another of its famous bonfires this Friday at 7PM EDT until... Here is a link to the blog with the details.  Please join in the fun!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/pir8fan-blog/2013/06/30/bonfire-and-how-it-works

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
126 Replies
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Everybody!  It's great to see this bunch of committed quitters!  Barbara, thank you for your hand which I take to pledge no nicotine for this day.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Happy Friday All! It sure is great Sheryl! I gladly accept your hand as I pledge to remain smoke free for the next 24 hours. I offer my remaining hand to the next in line.

0 Kudos
Leeza

Kathy thank you ever so much for your hand which channels the collective strenth of this group down to me.  Feeling all that power and determination eminating here makes it easier for me to pledge to remain smoke free.  I extend my free hand to the next person waiting in line to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
Giulia

Leeza and everybody else on this site whether they pledge in here or pledge to themselves in their heart of hearts - I'm taking EVERYBODY'S HAND, and I am promising not to smoke today, not because of Admin's blogs or anybody else's.  Whether badges come and go and come again.  Whether people leave, whether hoaxes are played on the unsuspecting, WHATEVER HAPPENS - I pledge to homor my quit.  And I offer my other hand with great love for that next Pledgling who is willing to say the same.  ♥

0 Kudos
lisa11209

Hi Giulia, I gladly take your hand and say "ditto" because you have said it all so well.

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning to All!  I'm here to renew my commitment to my quit and to demonstrate that in spite of tough times we can stick together.  Lisa, thanks so much for you hand which I take to pledge no nicotine.  I hold out my free hand and our strength (like glue) to the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Thank you for your hand, Sheryl, which I gladly accept and offer my other to the next person in line pledging to remain smoke free today!

0 Kudos
msterling999

Happy Saturday and Good Morning All!

Kathy - I happily take your hand and strength. I offer my hand to the nEXt July freedom seeker in pledging to EXtricate myself from servitude!  Maggie

0 Kudos
Giulia

I thought just MAYBE you'd get a few more to come in and pledge due to the circuimstances, Sheryl.  Ah well.  I gratefully glom onto your sterling hand, Maggie, and promise not one puff for me today.  Stretching for my other hand in strength for the next Pledgling......

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning to All!  Giulia, thank you for your efforts in this group's direction and for you hand which I take to pledge another day without nicotine.  Holding out my free hand and our strength to the next person in line ready to make their pledge of freedom...

0 Kudos