cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

AutumnWoman

July 2013 Daily Pledge -- Declaring Our Independence From Smoking!

Good Morning Everyone!  On this first day of July I'm here to pledge that I will not use any form of nicotine today.  I hold out my free hand and strength to the next person ready to make their pledge of freedom...

NOTICE: The EX Community is going to have another of its famous bonfires this Friday at 7PM EDT until... Here is a link to the blog with the details.  Please join in the fun!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/pir8fan-blog/2013/06/30/bonfire-and-how-it-works

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
126 Replies
barbara42

Good Morning all, I will take your hand annie and pledge no nicotine of any kind for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Pledgers!  Here's to another day of freedom!  Barbara, Thanks for your hand which I take to pledge that I will remain nicotine free this day.  I hold out my free hand and our group strength (getting stronger all the time) to the next person ready to make their pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

I take your hand Sheryl as I commit to remain nicotine free today! It it the strength of this group and pledge that help me through the day; and, I extend my other hand to the next person to offer the same.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hello quitters.  I had another smoking dream last night.  That makes two in a row.  I think I should come here and pledge.  'Cause something funny's gong on in my haid.  Kathy I take your hand in mine and say - "I will not smoke this day.  No how, no way.."  And that' a promise!  Holding out my other hand for the next Pledgling.....

0 Kudos
barbara42

Good Evening friends, Giulia, i will take your hand and pledge no nicotine of any kind for this day, holing out my free hand for the next one who wants to join this chain !

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Good Morning Friends!  First off, thank you for helping me celebrate 1700 days (now 1701) of freedom.  I fully plan on continuing on this journey.  Barbara, I gratefully take your hand and pledge not to use nicotine this day.  I hold out my free hand and our strength to the next person ready to pledge...

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning friends! Awesome accomplishment Sheryl!!! I gratefully take your hand pledging no nicotine today and happily extend my other hand to the next person!

0 Kudos
barbara42

Good Morning Friends, I will take your hand Kathy and pledge no nicotine of any kind for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line

0 Kudos
AutumnWoman

Hello Kathy and Barbara and any other Pledgers who stop by today!  Barbara, I'm glad for the chance to take your hand and pledge that I will remain nicotine free today.  I hold out my free hand and our group strength to the next person ready to make their pledge...

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.  -- Nelson Mandela

Walk towards freedom today!

0 Kudos
kathy_ryz

Good morning all! Thank you Barbara for accepting my hand. I accept Sheryl's hand as I pledge to remain nicotine free today. I offer my other hand to the next person willing to take it.

0 Kudos